The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old April 15, 2000, 09:45 AM   #1
BountyHunter

I recently purchased one of these can anyone tell me there experiences with these handguns good or bad

------------------
My bulldog was ran over by a car last week therefore I joined AUTOMOBILE CONTROL INC. those damn cars should be taken off the street
Old April 15, 2000, 11:10 AM   #2
tatters

Is that the mini like the .380?

------------------
Knock twice. Rap with your cane. Feels nice. You're out of the rain. We got your skinny girls. Here at the Western World
from Steely Dan's "Western World"
Old April 15, 2000, 03:35 PM   #3
BountyHunter

yes its the small one,very concealable.

------------------
My bulldog was ran over by a car last week therefore I joined AUTOMOBILE CONTROL INC. those damn cars should be taken off the street
Old April 15, 2000, 04:01 PM   #4
VictorLouis

Gunwriter Leroy Thompson is fond of it. Not that I would necessarily consider that an endorsement. But, the guy does have pick of the litter from just about everything out there.
Old April 15, 2000, 04:21 PM   #5
sigarms229

I had one, HATED IT!. It was unreliable, failure to feed, extract, ignite, etc.... I know others who have had the same problems. Make sure you put alot of rounds thru it before you depend on it as a CCW. Better to know now if it works or not.

------------------
John
"Never argue with an idiot, they pull you down to their level and beat you with experience"
Old April 15, 2000, 04:28 PM   #6
Spectre
Staff Alumnus

The worst trigger pull I have ever felt, bar none. I dryfired one on at least two occasions. There is a perceptible delay until the striker moves. The trigger pull was so bad, I had a nightmare in which I was attacked, and forced to defend myself with one of these beasts. I'm serious!
Old April 15, 2000, 04:32 PM   #7
Dorcas

My co-worker had one, and also hated it. She finally traded it for a beretta tomcat. Her largest complaint about it is that it kicked like a horse (keep in mind she's 5'2", 110lbs) due to the blowback action.

bkm...

------------------
Anyone worth shooting, is worth shooting twice...
Old April 16, 2000, 06:24 PM   #8
pocketman

I had one when they first came out,I thought it was a good little gun that I wish i still had,finish was rough but held up well,acuracy was fair,approx. 5 inch groups at 10yds. mine was well made and 100% reliable, my gripes were the terrible sites and rough finish. I think if S&W made it with a stainless slide and real sites they would have had a winner,(even if they stayed with the blowback design)
Old April 17, 2000, 04:19 PM   #9
Chad Young

Fired 14 rounds of Winchester Silvertip 9mm 115 grain from mine before it broke. I sent to S&W for repair and then traded it in on a FAL. It was the first and last S&W product I will ever own.