The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Thread Tools
Old August 17, 2012, 11:47 AM   #1
Senior Member
Join Date: August 12, 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 519
How to get a suppressor lisence?

I live in Oregon. I have done some searching with no straight forward answer. I have a conceal carry permit. Is it an addition to a ccl?
militant is offline  
Old August 17, 2012, 12:19 PM   #2
Tom Servo
Join Date: September 27, 2008
Location: Foothills of the Appalachians
Posts: 11,626
You do not get a "license" for a suppressor. You find a dealer who handles Title 2 weapons and buy it from him.

You have to pay a $200 tax and submit a form to the ATF for approval. Usually, the dealer will assist you with that part of it.

Your CCL is issued by your state, and this is a federal thing. The two are actually unrelated.
Sometimes it’s nice not to destroy the world for a change.
--Randall Munroe
Tom Servo is offline  
Old August 17, 2012, 12:34 PM   #3
Senior Member
Join Date: August 12, 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 519
Thank you.
militant is offline  
Old August 17, 2012, 08:20 PM   #4
Senior Member
Join Date: June 28, 1999
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 485
militant - here are a bunch of links that will help you with this process. In your research you will see reference to getting/creating a "Living Revocable Trust" to purchase your NFA items such as suppressors through. I highly recommend that route. If you read the info at the links you will see why this makes a lot of sense.

Regards and welcome to the wonderful work of NFA.

NRA & NAHC Life Member
Rob62 is offline  

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site and contents, including all posts, Copyright © 1998-2015 S.W.A.T. Magazine
Copyright Complaints: Please direct DMCA Takedown Notices to the registered agent:
Contact Us
Page generated in 0.05149 seconds with 7 queries