The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old August 9, 2012, 10:28 AM   #1
spacecoast

AK parts identification

I'm interested in identifying the origin of the "parts kit" used to build my AK. No special reason, just curious. I have a Lancaster Arms model L47MSS and these are the markings on the gun -

The bolt, bolt carrier and dust cover are all marked with "EE2682"

The gas tube has what looks like a backwards "N" followed by 3021 630 and some other kind of birds-foot symbol.

The "carrier" for the recoil spring has 630 on one side and 682 on the other side at the end where it latches into the rear trunnion.

There are no other marks I can find on the gun (other than the Tapco identifiers on the slant brake and trigger). I assume that the receiver at least was milled by Lancaster in Arizona. Does anyone have any more info? An explanation of identification marks isn't very easy to find on the Internet.

Correction - http://www.ak-47.us/AK47_Markings.php has some good info, but none of these ring a bell. Does that mean mine has all US-made parts?

Some pics are below -

Last edited by spacecoast; August 9, 2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old August 9, 2012, 01:28 PM   #2

Not necessarily.

The selector markings "AB" and "OД" are Cyrillic characters, presumably Russian, although the clarity of the markings makes me think that you may have an cleverly marked American made milled (evidenced by the reciever cut at right of picture) reciever. The "AB" stands for ABTOMAT or "automatic", the "OД" for OДИH or OДHA meaning "one" or "single".

The И pronounced as "ee", on your gas tube is also a Cyrillic character, probably an arsenal marking, likely Russian, although not guaranteed.

QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION
Old August 9, 2012, 02:52 PM   #3
plouffedaddy

I'm with 481 here. The selector markings are surely Russian. That said, I belive the Liberty Arms guns (US receiver) had Russian markings as well. So, could be Russian, but might not be
Old August 9, 2012, 03:51 PM   #4
jason41987

well, i guess someone else here knows their russian... 481 is probably right... i mostly learned russian for the women
Old August 9, 2012, 04:05 PM   #5
spacecoast

Thanks, I'm aware that those are Cyrillic characters, and it's definitely a milled receiver. I'm thinking they were applied by Lancaster at the time of manufacturing to appear more "authentic".