The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old July 13, 2012, 02:26 PM   #1
xLPlushy

APEX Shield Carry Kit for the M&P Shield

Hey all, I was looking into the Shield Carry Kit from Apex. I'd like to reduce the overtravel a bit and lighten the trigger weight to say about 5-5.5 pounds which is about what my G22 is.

I have no experience with modifying guns, so I plan on having my local gunsmith do the install. Is Apex a good reliable company that stands behind their products? Will this void my factory warranty with S&W? Has anybody installed this particular kit on their Shield yet, if so how do you like it?

Here is the product link: https://apextactical.com/store/produ...php?pid65.html

Thanks in advance!!

Tapatalked via my highly abused iPhone
Old July 15, 2012, 12:40 PM   #2
dave421

I have their DCAEK in my carry M&P9c and have been extremely happy with it. I can't speak to the Shield specific parts but there's thousands of extremely satisfied customers using their parts in the regular M&P. I installed the parts myself so a smith should have no problems at all. As for the warranty, it depends on what problems you (potentially) have. If it's something that can be attributed to the Apex parts, your warranty will be voided. If it's a problem outside of the parts, the warranty will stand.
Old July 26, 2012, 09:51 PM   #3
xLPlushy

Thanks for the words of encouragement. It seems that I'm getting used to the factory trigger. I also heard from S&W customer service, and they confirmed my fears that it will indeed void the warranty on the gun. I'll hold off on it for a while.

Tapatalked via my highly abused iPhone
Old July 27, 2012, 10:56 AM   #4
Madcap_Magician

If you have an appropriate punch, you shouldn't have an issue replacing it on your own- the change is not complex.