The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old June 30, 2012, 04:47 PM   #1
customaquatics

has anyone used these optics?

http://www.burrisoptics.com/ar332.html i seen one at the shop an for $314 not a bad price. looks like a ACOG wanna-be but it is a burris optic. does anyone know anything about these?
23 year old NRA member AKaholic #158907 , 1942 Ex-Sniper Izzy Mosin Nagant, 1970's Marlin 30-30, Remington 870 tatical, Charter Arms The Pink Lady 38 Special.
Old June 30, 2012, 05:20 PM   #2
arizona98tj

I have two Burris optics, although not the one you mentioned. They are one of the better low end optics, in my opinion.
Old June 30, 2012, 05:23 PM   #3
plouffedaddy

Burris makes good optics for the money but that price is creeping very close to the $360 you can get an Aimpoint PRO for at Brownells.

If the battery life was as good as the Aimpoints, I'd buy one just to see what kind of performance I could get out of that reticle. If not, I'd just get the PRO and a 3x magnifier...
Old June 30, 2012, 08:12 PM   #4
DeadCenter

I have one of these on an AR. For the money, it's a great optic and I've not had any problems with mine. I think if I had it to do over, I'd get a 1X optic with a multiplier.
Old July 1, 2012, 12:22 AM   #5
Bamashooter

I dont consider Burris a low end optic. They make cheaper ones for folks that cant afford their high end stuff but they are far from low end.
Old July 1, 2012, 01:36 AM   #6
sholling

I don't know about that model but Burris makes some great scopes. I keep their Xtreme Tactical 1-4x24 on my 6.8SPC and a Signature Select on my 300WM. On the Chuck Hawks scale I'd rank the Xtreme series at a Four-Star-Plus on the Chuck Hawks Scale. It's only weakness is battery life.

Old July 1, 2012, 06:49 AM   #7
madcratebuilder

Last month I figured it was time I joined the 21st century and get a red dot on one of my AR's. I shot several different rifles with red dots at local shoots, checked out several at the LGS.

My thought on that Burris is it's a nice piece but the reticule was very busy, at least to my eyes.

I ended up buying a PA micro with a AD mount. Came yesterday and I'm going to go out and shot this morning. I like the compactness, light weight. The red dot is more than bright enough at a midway setting. So far I like it and we''l see after a few trips to the pit and a few hundred rounds fired.
Old July 2, 2012, 08:49 PM   #8
jjyergler

Have one, love it.

I have one, and it is my primary sight on my Colt 6920. The Reticle is bright and easily seen. The 3x lets me shoot both eyes open (not as well as an Aimpoint). It is light, the battery life is great (I've had it over a year, and not changed the battery). Overall, it's a great piece of equipment.
Hi Standard Supermatic Citation .22LR - Tincans Beware