The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old June 28, 2012, 03:13 PM   #1
stingimat

anyone know where to find a keltec sub2Kp226

looking for a subbie cant find one anywhere. would love to pair it my my p226. any help on where to look would be appreciated
Old June 30, 2012, 10:07 AM   #2
ROCK6

Check with Kel-Tech as they may be able to convert one of the other variants to take Sig magazines if you can't find one. I found one a few years ago...the nice feature is that they also reliably feed CZ75 magazines as well.

ROCK6
Old June 30, 2012, 11:21 AM   #3
BitterTait

Hunting the elusive non-pocket-pistol kel-tec is a challenge worthy of any gamesman, albiet somewhat more frustrating. I've been wanting a beretta model in hard chrome and seem to only be able to spot one for sale when the bank account is empty.

Thankfully, Rock6 is correct, you can convert any non-glock sub2k to any other non-glock sub2k, a call to Kel-Tec will get you the neccissary parts and here's a guide to swapping out the parts.
Old July 1, 2012, 06:40 AM   #4
FSJeeper

I bought a used Sub 2000 that uses the B92 magazines. Parts from Kel Tec to convert to the Sig 226 are easily less than $10. I have decided to modify the magazines instead of converting the gun.

My Sub 2000 came with 15 new Mec Tec Hi cap B92 magazines. Several hundred dollars worth. These work and feed in my Sig 226's and I have discovered the Sig 226 will feed reliably from even the worst quality knock off gun show 226 copies you can find. The B92 mags will need to be modded to run smoother though. Buying factory Sig 226 expensive magazines is a waste of money for these 226's because the cheapies work just as well.

I have not gotten around to this, but I am in the future going to modify the B92 mags to run smoothly in the 226 and I have heard that you can mod these mags and the mag catch to fit the Taurus 92's, Kel-tec p-11's, CZ 75's, Smith 517, Sig 250 as well as the Sig 226.