The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 18, 2012, 02:57 PM   #1
Bubba the Roach

newbie hornaday LNL single stage

Im looking to get into reloading. Im thinking that the Hornady LNL single stage. Im not going to be reloading alot of ammo (some where between 500-1000 rds a month). Would like the pros and cons of the Hornaday. From everything I have read and seen it seems to be the simplest to get started on. Thanks in advance
Bubba
Old May 18, 2012, 03:58 PM   #2
mrawesome22

I'd be worried about that quick change gimmik wearing out and getting sloppy.

Sent from MIUI using Tapatalk 2.
Old May 18, 2012, 05:32 PM   #3
jwrowland77

I've had the Hornady LNL single stage for a few months now and I love it as a beginner. Once I put my time in and got the dies set the way I wanted them, it's super easy to go from one die to the next. Me personally I love it and it's great.
Old May 18, 2012, 06:34 PM   #4
mo84

I have had the LNL single stage press for over a year loading 500 and 44 mag on it. Once the dies are set, you don't have to mess with anything else. There have been times where I have went from seating die to crimp and back and forth trying to make everything right. The quick change bushings made it alot easier. I don't see the bushings wearing out any time soon either. I do not think I would go any other route if given the choice. I bought mine as a starter kit which came with almost everything I needed (no calipers or bullet puller). This press has been nothing but a pleasure to use. I also put everything in the closet when I am finished reloading; so having everything ready to go once I get it clamped to the table is nice.