The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old May 17, 2012, 08:23 PM   #1
old fart

problem or not?

i have a pardner pump, it has been flawless thru several hundred rounds. i was cleaning it today and afterward was loading my buckshot in it, my wife had fell asleep on the couch so as not to wake her up i carefully pressed the release brought the slide back and eased the slide forward slowly. then as the buckshot started to enter the chamber the slide stuck slightly, i tried to ease it forward but no i then pushed the slide up with normal force and it loaded just fine. i then unloaded it and reloaded using a normal motion, no problem at all loaded smoothly. should the gun be able to load slow and easy?, i guess i'm asking do i have a problem or not? thanks
Old May 17, 2012, 08:44 PM   #2
zippy13

Most pumps like to be operated briskly.
Old May 18, 2012, 07:20 AM   #3
Slugo

I don't think you have a problem. Like zippy said, pumps like to be operated briskly...