The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 29, 2012, 10:51 AM   #1
carp

Need help finding a IWB holster for a kahr cw9.

I recently order a new kahr cw9. I'm new to the ccw so I have no idea what find of holster to get. I would like a IWB so I conceal it. Can anyone give me some input on a good holster and what they like. Thanks
Old February 29, 2012, 11:02 AM   #2
Spats McGee
Staff

Welcome to The Firing Line, carp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp
. . . .I would like a IWB so I conceal it. . . .
You can conceal both IWB and OWB, if you learn to dress around the gun. With that said, Tommy Theis makes a good IWB. http://theisholsters.com/ I'm not sure if he makes one for the CW9, but I'm not very familiar with Kahr models, so you might want to email Tommy and ask if he does.

If you ever have a real need for more than a couple of magazines, your problem is not a shortage of magazines. It's a shortage of people on your side of the argument. -- Art Eatman
Old February 29, 2012, 11:15 AM   #3
PigFarmer

Comp-tac

I really like my comp-tac. http://www.comp-tac.com/ I have both the tuck clip and the leather belt loops. I carry with a glock 23 and it has been really comfortable.
Old March 2, 2012, 05:00 PM   #4
GlockedNLoded32

+1 Spats McGee on the Tommy Theis Holsters are very comfortable and very well made he does an excellent job
GLOCK 32 .357 SIG With Hogue Grip,Trijicon Ghost Ring Night Sight, 3.5 Ghost trigger, Weatherby Vanguard .308 1:12 twist with Blackhawk Bipod and a Barska 6x24x60 IR SWAT SCOPE. - 168 Hornady AMAX loaded at 46 gr
Stoeger M2000 Max 4 SA 12 gauge
Old March 3, 2012, 08:28 AM   #5
Johannes_Paulsen

I have found that the Galco Stinger OWB holster + covering garment (untucked shirt, sport coat, vest, etc.) works exceedingly well with my Kahr MK9.

For guns as small as the Kahrs, I found that going with an OWB holster was far more comfortable than attempting IWB carry, which still would require a covering garment to be untucked (unless you have a 'tuckable' holster) and also sometimes require you to buy pants a size bigger than normal. So I went with the OWB.
Old March 3, 2012, 09:29 AM   #6
sawman1293

Try a Crossbreed MiniTuck or SuperTuck. Crossbreed makes a great holster that I find very comfortable and they conceal my SR9c and LCP very well on my small framed body. I have tried several others, but the Crossbreeds are so far my favorites. You may find that you need to start buying pants one size larger if you go IWB carry. I wear jeans mostly, with tucked in polos, and no one at work has yet to spot the gun.
Old March 5, 2012, 10:24 PM   #7
rbs

I perfer the Don Hume IWB you can get them for $30 and they're leather
Old April 2, 2012, 03:12 PM   #8
gregm784

I carry mine in a Crossbreed. I love it. honestly i forget about it most of the time, it is so comfy.
Old April 3, 2012, 02:11 PM   #9
Miketodd04

+1 for Tommy Theis. I just got mine for a 5" Sig STX 1911 and couldn't be happier. I was a little bit nervous about concealing a fullsize 1911, but so far things have been great. My father is ordering one for his Kahr PM9 with CT Laser Guard!
Great customer service and great product.
Old April 5, 2012, 02:22 PM   #10
frumious

I have a Galco Stow-n-Go and a Galco KingTuk. I like them both. I use the SnG if I can put an undershirt behind it, otherwise I'll usually use the KT. But my favorite is my Galco Jak Slide, although it is OWB. Actually the JS fits between the belt and the pants so it doesn't print as much as a typical OWB. It is a good compromise IMHO.

Note that the CW9 has a similar profile to a 1911. So 1911 holsters usually fit the CW9. You just have to look at 1911 holsters where the muzzle is not covered (e.g. where the muzzle sticks out. Full-coverage 1911 holsters tend to be unnecessarily long for the short-barreled CW9.

-cls