The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 27, 2012, 08:41 PM   #1
5R milspec

RCBS die quick fix

fixed my deprimeing die today.all it took was a small finishing nail.unscrewed the pin cap and put it through the cap.then I used an unprimed case to gage the lenght of the nail by pushing it through the case then cutting it off at the head of the case.I then put the die back together and set it up.well Lord and behold it worked.

I know it will one day brake but want or needed to deprime some brass.I hope to try tempering it to make it harder.will soon try and let you know.but for a quick fix it should help out when needed.this is the main reason I went the Lee deprimeing die.its all one part it want come apart to become off center then brake.
Old March 28, 2012, 09:47 AM   #2
RobertInIowa

Interesting idea. I'll have to give it some thought.
Old March 28, 2012, 11:42 AM   #3
legend 550

Just ordered a bag of 50 headed deprimer pins fro RCBS yesterday $16 + $4 postage. But I'll try that till they get here.