The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 27, 2012, 07:22 PM   #26
itchy1

"I'm curious as to how the op ultimately fared. Did EEA finally make good on their problem pistol?"

I got tired of dealing with EAA and decided to approach the vendor. The place where I bought the gun was very understanding and gave me a full refund. I feel very fortunate that they were willing to go the extra mile for me. They also informed me that they were no longer going to sell these particular pistols due to a number of issues that they had to deal with. Apparently It wasn't just me.

I wound up sticking with what I know and found a S&W 4006 in very good shape. It has been an absolute pleasure to shoot. I kicked myself for not just going this route in the first place

I really like shooting .40 and will be adding more. Thinking about a Sig 229, Beretta 96 or CZ 75B. Naturally more 4006s would be an option as well.
Old October 29, 2012, 11:36 AM   #27
pgdion

Glad to hear it worked out ok. I would think you should like that S&W, those are way nice guns!
Old October 29, 2012, 04:03 PM   #28
Japle

Quote:
I got tired of dealing with EAA.
And that's exactly what they wanted.
Old October 29, 2012, 05:24 PM   #29
mec

Hennings is a source for Tanfolio CZ based pistol parts including, according to this web site, comprehensive parts for the EAA Witness line. Nobody seems to be complaining about dealings with this company:

http://henningshootsguns.com/shop/eaa.main.html
Old October 30, 2012, 07:52 AM   #30
Japle

Henning Wallgren is a good guy. Honest and helpful.
Old October 30, 2012, 02:47 PM   #31
Sulaco2

Had an EAA Witness in 9mm many years ago and it never worked right. Felt great in hand. Sold it with full disclosure to a guy who thought he was an EAA smith. He never got it to work either, we never did figure out what was wrong except that it was his opinion the parts were made by different makers that screwed up the machining dementions by several mm's slide vs. grip. But not enough that you could dremel or stone out the problem areas. Any way never bought another and glad of it.
Old June 17, 2013, 06:35 PM   #32
Joebobkentucky

Zastava EZ 40

I have enjoyed my EZ 40 immensely, in fact i used it to finish off a wild Boar that my 30/06 did not.

I purchased this gun to be used outside, hunting, in the woods etc, but have been delighted by its performance despite the cheap price...around $325. It shoots like butter and if I use quality ammo and keep it clean it behaves.

My first few magazines did have some stove-piping and failed to eject but now that I have broken it in with a few hundred rounds, it works very well for what it is. It is no high end hand gun but a great value and fun to shoot.

Double action is a hard pull and I do not use it but the single action is light and pulls less than 5 pounds.

It is no Kimber 1911 but for $325, its a great deal. I think itchy may have a lemon.
Old June 17, 2013, 06:46 PM   #33
mec

I really couldn't detect any functional or accuracy shortfalls in comparison with various similar SIGS. Hopefully K-var is still importing them but i can't find a web site.
Old June 18, 2013, 03:52 AM   #34

EAA is bottom of the Barrel. I wish I could get back just half the ammo I've wasted trying to get their garbage guns to cycle normaly. Avoid them at all costs.
Old June 18, 2013, 10:35 AM   #35
LockedBreech

Wow. The pretty much universally negative testimonial about EAA's customer service in this thread has put me off the brand. If I'm ever tempted to get a clone I'll just save up for the CZ.
Beretta PX4 .40 S&W - Beretta 92FS 9x19 Para - Rock Island Armory GI 1911 .45 ACP - Colt 1968 Detective Special .38 Spc. - Ruger LCP .380 ACP - Daniel Defense M4V1 Carbine 5.56x45 - Alpine Industries M1 Carbine .30 - Steyr-Mannlicher M1895 8x56 - Ruger 10/22 .22LR - Remington 870 Express Tactical 12GA - 1943 Izhevsk Mosin-Nagant M91/30 7.62x54R
Old June 20, 2013, 09:11 PM   #36
old fart

if anyone wants a good 40s&w pistol worth the money, i recommend a stoeger cougar. mine has been 100% and is very accurate. i called stoeger telling them how good it shot and how happy i was with it and they said as soon as they got them in they were sending a free 11rd magazine for being a new stoeger customer. i have always been a revolver guy but the more i use this pistol the more i like auto's too.
Old June 20, 2013, 09:21 PM   #37
OkieCruffler

I had an EAA 45 carry/comp. That thing ate everything I fed it, even some wadcutter rounds. Accuracy was better than any auto I've ever owned. For some stupid reason I let someone talk me out of it. But even with that good experience I wouldn't touch another EAA just because of the stories of their CS. And I'm a happy multiple Tauri owner.