The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 26, 2000, 08:12 PM   #1
javentre

I've decided I don't like this internal safety in my 870 - so I ordered a Scatter Gun Tech replacement. I know how to drop the trigger assembly but don't see how to take out the safety - any idea's?
Old November 27, 2000, 12:34 AM   #2
sjones

safety

Yes,I just did mine and it was real easy.After you push out the two pins and drop the trigger assembly,there is a another small pin at the back,right over the safety. You will also have to push it out,but be real careful because there is a real small spring that goes down a hole. after you get this spring out the safety itself will push right out.Slide in the new one,put the spring back in the hole,reinstall the small pin over the safety and you are ready to go back together with the trigger assembly.I f you let that small spring fly out you may have a hard time finding it again. good luck. sj