The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 2, 2012, 01:13 PM   #1
sigcurious

Glock 34 sight adjustment?

So my second time out with my new g34, and I noticed something which I had not noticed before. I seem to be shooting left with it. At 7yards there is a slight left bias, but not enough that I would have noticed.

However yesterday I took my targets out to 10yards and 50ft, both with increasing left bias. I was still printing the same groups I normally would at all ranges, just more and more to the left as I increased the distance.

Range was pretty empty yesterday so I didn't have anyone else shoot the gun, but I intend to do so if possible next trip to determine if its me(most likely).

However if it's not me and its the sights, which screw does windage on the g34 adjustable rear sight and does clockwise or counterclockwise correlate with left?

The manual being generic for all glock models, just says that if you have adjustable sights, they can be adjusted but not which screw does windage and which does elevation etc...thanks glock! lol
Old February 2, 2012, 02:37 PM   #2
Walt Sherrill

Go to the range. Get a bag (rice, beans) to rest your hand on, and set down and slowly squeeze off some shots at a target about 25' - 30' away.

If doing it slowly still has you shooting left, simply adjust the screws using the tool that came with the gun.

Which screws? Figure it out by shooting a round from the rest, then turning a screw one or two clicks and shooting again. Shoot, set the difference, and adjust.

You'll quickly figure out which screw does what -- in fact, you should be able to do that without firing a shot. Just pay attention to how many clicks you move the sight -- and return it to where it was before you actually start firing. It'll take a few minutes and you'll have your answer and your sights set.

But it may not be the sights. A "new" gun often gives a shooter challenges that disappear with use.

(I've had a 34 and have a 35, but simply didn't want to adjust my sights to answer your question for you. It's a simple thing you can do...)

Last edited by Walt Sherrill; February 2, 2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old February 2, 2012, 02:49 PM   #3
C0untZer0

The screw on the side of the sights moves the rear blades left & right.

IIRC... as you look down at the gun with the muzzle pointing to the right, the screw will be facing you. Turning it clockwise will move the sights to the right.

I would definately do it from bench rest, but my experience was that it took quite a few turns of the screw to move the shot group.
Old February 2, 2012, 11:48 PM   #4
sigcurious

Thanks, I'll give it a go next trip to the range.
Old February 3, 2012, 03:17 PM   #5
voyager4520

Glock adjustable sights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkslJUH0mpg

If your gun didn't come with the adjustment tool, here's a place that sells it:
http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=6835&CAT=700