The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old January 25, 2012, 11:57 PM   #1
Doc Maker

Simunitions Training in WA State!

Sims training for civilians has arrived. This place is about to open in WA State near Seattle. www.CascadiaTactical.com
Old February 16, 2012, 03:07 AM   #2
Doc Maker

Classes begin March 3rd! Register Today.
Old February 16, 2012, 02:20 PM   #3
jimmythegeek

Outstanding! My birthday is coming up...

Paintball on steroids?
Old February 21, 2012, 07:11 AM   #4
silvermane_1

interesting...
Old March 5, 2012, 01:21 PM   #5
Doc Maker

Cascadia Tactical is official... http://simunition.com/en/range_progr...tes/Washington

After some permitting issues, we've moved to a way better building in Kent. Trying to explain Simunitions to a lay person is difficult, at best. We're now in Kent, WA in a fantastic building with the space to recreate nearly any scenario.
Old April 5, 2012, 10:46 PM   #6
Doc Maker

Classes officially start this Saturday!
We've been busy building a brand, spankin' new 4000sf shoot house for your force on force enjoyment. We have a range of scenarios ready to go with different rooms to challenge the shooter.

Old April 6, 2012, 07:44 AM   #7
MLeake

jimmythegeek, not sure how the perceived impact compares to a paintball, but the point of simunition ammo is that it can be shot from modified service weapons. IE, you can train at FOF with something similar to a duty carry weapon.
Old April 6, 2012, 03:37 PM   #8
Hansam

It may not be my place to make this assumption but why does this thread sound a lot like spam?

Low count user comes on and posts a one liner with a link (drive by)

Quote:
Sims training for civilians has arrived. This place is about to open in WA State near Seattle. www.CascadiaTactical.com
Then makes another one line post about classes beginning.

In this poster's third post on this thread he/she finally shows that they are actually affiliated with the group/business that they were posting about.

The fourth and final post is another message about when classes start and cryptic pictures of a half finished maze of doors and walls.

No supporting information has been provided thus far and nothing in the way of insight. Personally if I were looking for a place to practice and especially use something like simmunitions I'd steer clear of any place that chooses to advertise itself in such a manner.

Just my opinion here though - take it as you will.
Old April 6, 2012, 03:48 PM   #9
masotti

I live in Washington State. (Olympia to be exact) I have never heard of this place. However the post by hansam seems to make sense to me. And I understand simunition is not paintball, but actual ammo with chalk rounds and less powder. Yes it require a modified weapon to use. But, in a place like those pictures I'm not sure it would be safe. And yes I am new to the forum.
Old April 6, 2012, 04:11 PM   #10
farmerboy

Don't waste your time or money. Paintball is just as much lifelike as the real deal, prob cheaper and good practice. Plus it hurts more and you try to not get shot as much because of the pain.
Old April 7, 2012, 01:59 AM   #11
Doc Maker

I understand your concerns Hansam. I apologize for any breach in forum etiquette. I haven't done a lot of posting on this forum. I usually spend time on Beretta Forum and Zombie Squad. Enos during USPSA season, all with the same user name. It is certainly NOT my intention to spam. I have been busy getting ready to open up and I'm looking for feedback, nothing more.

Farmer, the FX round is designed to match the ballistics of a live round out to 50 yards AND train with your own firearm. Not some gas operated contraption with a big ass hopper on top. It is expensive, around .87ยข/rnd. The FX Simunition round isn't chalk, it is a detergent based marking round. Our new shoot house is specifically designed for Sims. NO LIVE AMMO! City inspected and approved, we have a well engineered shoot house that provides multiple training environments. Sims have only been available to the civilian training market since August, 2011. We are the first facility of the kind in WA and we've had a lot of interest in the program. Much of that from this thread.

I would very much appreciate your input on the type of training you'd like to get. If anyone would like to come by and tour the facility, I'm happy to show you around.

Last edited by Doc Maker; April 7, 2012 at 02:04 AM.
Old April 8, 2012, 09:37 AM   #12
Glenn E. Meyer

Paintball handguns and long arms are not similar to the sims guns. Have used both in training exercises.
Old April 13, 2012, 10:06 PM   #13
Doc Maker

This coming Saturday, April 21, I would like to invite one & all to come out to our facility in Kent, WA for an open house.

We also have a very special class coming up in may...
Old April 14, 2012, 02:42 PM   #14
arentol

3 miles from my home. I may have to stop by for the open house. At the very least I can provide an objective report to this forum.
Old April 14, 2012, 11:09 PM   #15
kittyhawk03

Just took the class. Wow!

I have been lurking here a long time and heard about this place from this thread. Since it was only 30 minutes from our place in Lynnwood, my husband and I stopped by last week and one of the owners showed us through their shoot house and let us shoot some of their ammo through one of their training guns.

My husband and I took the class today and we got home a few hours ago and we both thought it was a huge eye opener! Our experience was one that couldn't be matched on the one other training class we took together last year because paper targets don't react and shoot back! The welts we got from the role players will leave a mark for a week or so, but the experience will stay with my husband and me for the rest of our lives. We won't ever think about convenient stores or strange people hanging around parking lots ever again!

My husband has taken more shooting classes than I have, but he said he had little experience dealing with some of the stuff the instructors put him in. He said he thought about what he would do in a robbery, but after actually being put in the situation, it all went out the window because everything went so fast that he almost completely froze!

We will definitely be taking another class from these guys as well as more live fire classes in the coming months from other places in the area. We both feel more confident with carrying a pistol because the instructors would talk with me about what happened during the class on a one on one basis and how we could improve. I highly recommend that you at least visit their facility and talk with their instructors before making any judgements or calling it paintball. They told us police officers have been using this training for many years and I don't think the police departments would waste their money if it wasn't worth it.
Old April 23, 2012, 05:02 PM   #16
Doc Maker

I want to thank everyone for coming out on Saturday. It was really great to see all of the support. We've decided to add a new feature to our program. Starting this Saturday, Zombie Day begins!! For the low, low price of just $35.00, you can load up and clear our shoot house of these pesky zombies. Our landlord won't take care of the problem so we need your help. Keep checking our website and this thread for updates this week.

We are also going to begin Ladies Night on Thursday's Updates forthcoming.
Old April 24, 2012, 03:10 AM   #17
Doc Maker

Old April 24, 2012, 04:07 PM   #18
Hansam

EDITED: Nope, not even worth saying what I'd said...
Old April 24, 2012, 08:55 PM   #19
NWGlocker

I will keep an open mind here and try to check out the organization in person.

Re previous posts: I imagine paintball can be close to simunition training but isn't it hard to find a paintball gun that resembles your own pistol? Also, I notice a good number of paintball competitions are literally spray and pray games, especially with those 100+ hopper/feeders.

Last edited by NWGlocker; April 25, 2012 at 12:18 AM.
Old April 24, 2012, 09:11 PM   #20
insomni

n/m already said.
Old April 26, 2012, 11:11 AM   #21
Longdayjake

Having used simunitions in actual training situations I can say the upsides to simunition over paintball is that you can practice drawing and firing from the actual holster you would be wearing in real life situations. It also has sights for you to use.
Old April 26, 2012, 06:38 PM   #22
Doc Maker

Exactly right Jake. You're able to use your own pistol, most of the time. Or at least one similar. For rifle training, just bring your AR and we swap out the BCG. That's it.

There's an update to the Iain Harrison class...

Old May 6, 2012, 11:01 PM   #23
Doc Maker

After the popularity of Zombie Day, we're doing it every Saturday now.
Old May 27, 2012, 02:58 PM   #24
Doc Maker

For some reason, I cannot edit my own posts, so here is an update on the low light simunitions class with Iain Harrison...
Old May 27, 2012, 10:02 PM   #25
MLeake

I think the ability to edit posts is taken away after the post has been in the forum for something like four days; this prevents edits after the fact from causing a thread to make no sense.