The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 11, 2012, 02:37 PM   #26
jaxgunslinger

Update on my SCCY CPX2 Gen 2. I liked the gun alot at first, but it seemed to start having ssues at at around 250 rounds. Frame pins popping out, soft strikes on critical defense ammo, receiver assembly pin hole (egg shape) wear, recoil guide rod gouging. Their customer service fixed everything with no issues, but I just lost faith in the gun after that. I traded it in on a nice hard crome P11, and haven't had an issue since. I may have just got a bad one, but once you loose faith its hard to get it back. my2cts
Old February 11, 2012, 08:52 PM   #27
B.N.Real

Jax,don't forget to run a review of that hard chrome p-11 by us when you get the chance.

I'm like you,when the gun dumps on me,I get rid of it at a loss.

I cannot stand a gun that won't run right and I won't own one with problems.
Old March 28, 2012, 06:20 PM   #28
Mikef262

Jax

Really? So far between the 3 shooting trips I have put atleast 500 rounds of sellier and bellot and not had a single problem. The magazine does have rather pointy edges though that I have gotten little marks from. Also almost every time I put a magazine in it I end up getting a little piece of fat from my hand caught. Not a big deal though I will just have to change my way of putting in a new magazine.
Old March 28, 2012, 06:55 PM   #29
Budda

I had a first gen. (SKYY) before the law suit....it was ok. till I found the blown apart chamber pictures on the web. You get what you pay for.

If you want a good looking gun that goes bang...then it is ok...just when it breaks.....don't whine.
Old April 26, 2012, 07:49 PM   #30
reaganmarine84

Mikef262: I noticed that on mine also. A few minutes with a small piece of fine filing while watching TV corrected that problem. Just roll the edges. Done.
Taurus 24/7 Pro DS 9mm & .40;(2)Taurus OSS DS 9mm;Taurus OSS DS .40;Taurus 809;809 compact;840;PT709 "slim" SS;PT738;full size BUL Cherokee;SCCY CPX-2;Smith&Wesson BG .380;Arcus 98 DA;EAA witness P 9mm;I.O. inc. AK-47C;Zastava PAP;Mossberg 500 tactical;Marlin model 60.
Old April 26, 2012, 10:28 PM   #31
cluznar

Sccy cpx-2

Better off with a Taurus Slim
Old April 28, 2013, 06:38 AM   #32
PocketPistolMan

CPX-2

I recently purchased a CPX-2. I am left handed and have large hands. I am an experienced shooter and do not have a problem with "limp wrist" when firing pistols. I have said all this first because yesterday I took my new CPX to the range and fired (20) 124 gr. and (150) 115 gr. rounds. I had 4 FTE. The pistol was also VERY fatiguing to shoot because of its stiff trigger. Not to mention it has an increased recoil (due to is small size) which doesn't help firing comfort, especially when you have big hands. For me the molded grip doesn't fit my fingers at all.
Now for the wear problems I saw while cleaning the CPX-2 after my range time.
The feeding ramp was full of carbon but worse where the fine aluminum fillings on the left rail of the lower receiver. You could see clear wearing of the left rail.
I am going to call Sccy about these issues.
I am sure they will want me to send it in.
I will fallow up with a report when I get it back.
So far I Do Not want to use the CPX-2 as my ccw
Old April 28, 2013, 10:18 AM   #33
qwiksdraw

If Jeff Quinn at gunblast.com likes it, the gun ought to be a keeper!

http://youtu.be/fIAe4WRz0-Y
Old April 28, 2013, 11:25 AM   #34
Wreck-n-Crew

I have heard from owners of the gen1 and gen2. So far all gen1 complained and all gen2 were happy with reliability. I was told by the dealer that they went back and fixed all the issues of the gen1 in the gen2.

I like the price, i like the look, i have held a gen 2 and it had a smooth slide, nice drop down on the barrel, feeding appeared to be a breeze(note: appeared)...if everything is in place, the quality of the materials look like they should be as good as any other polymer.

However without field stripping and test firing i can't give it my reliability stamp.
I can only attest to the three people who i know that have one and they have 300+ rounds per gun with one FTE of the three. The one FTE he claims was due to him (finger rubbing the slide).
Old April 28, 2013, 09:05 PM   #35
EIGHTYDUECE

You did good buying the KelTec P11. I've had mine since 2005 and I have yet to have a failure of any kind.

I'm the same fellow as Captain H (found my old password )
Old April 29, 2013, 08:44 AM   #36
Barneveld

The man who runs guntorturetest.com and has a youtube channel seemed to really like the CPX2. Personally, the 9mm is too weak for me. If you are looking at sccy, you should also compare hi-point. Here is a link to the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzYm_CqMZG8
Old April 29, 2013, 10:55 AM   #37
RBid

Sccy cpx-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwiksdraw View Post
If Jeff Quinn at gunblast.com likes it, the gun ought to be a keeper!

http://youtu.be/fIAe4WRz0-Y
Has Quinn ever given a bad review?
Old April 29, 2013, 09:42 PM   #38
+1k ammo

Quote:
I like the price, i like the look, i have held a gen 2 and it had a smooth slide, nice drop down on the barrel, feeding appeared to be a breeze(note: appeared)...if everything is in place, the quality of the materials look like they should be as good as any other polymer
Ditto on this comment!

It is on my list as I really like the looks and feel, but have not fired it yet.
Old April 30, 2013, 02:28 PM   #39
meanmachine1961

I had a CPX-2 a while back and it was a good shooting, well made gun. No problems at all. I had the one with the stainless slide. Ended up trading it for an older but like new Marlin 336. We are both very happy with the trade and the fellow I traded with is using it as his CCW.