The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old January 5, 2012, 04:10 PM   #1
JD Powell

Holster question. Attn H&R 999 owners.

Trying to find a good quality lefty holster for my Sportsman/999. I am pretty sure nobody is currently making them. So I am trying to find a holster for a similar size revolver that will work. For those of you in the know, what other revolvers closely approximate the size and shape of the 999? I am not worried about a molded leather holster not looking quite right as long as it fits well. Must be easily accessed using left hand only. Hip or crossdraw. Prefer combat type w/thumb break. Just going to be used for hunting / roving.

Saw a used cobra gunskin for 6" N frame S&W's on another forum for $35. Any Ideas on this? Is the 6" N frame comparable in size? $35 a decent price?

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question. Difficult for me to get out someplace that would have a bunch of holsters in stock to try out.
Old January 5, 2012, 06:38 PM   #2
GP100man

Contact robbt he has some south paw holsters on here in the WTS section from time to time,he may have something for ya
Old January 5, 2012, 06:57 PM   #3
JD Powell

Can't recieve PM's?

GP100man
I tried sending a PM to robbt. Forum message said he couldn't recieve PM's Don't know what to make of that. Also the mail messenger does not seem to work. I have to have a persons actual e-mail address to communicate. But I do appreciate the heads up.
Old January 6, 2012, 12:25 AM   #4
GP100man

Go to Ruger Forum.com & look up "happy"