The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old September 12, 2011, 01:00 AM   #26
8shot357

Quote:
My vote is don't go to NYC, but I had to violate that myself a couple of weeks ago because of a family emergency. But I was in and out the same day and I stayed strictly on main streets in lower-central Manhattan.
Get real, he has what is called a wife.

Quote:
Get creative: ball-peen hammer and a screwdriver are perfectly legal and for sale in every city in the country (not very good at long range though).
Unless your the construction worker of the Village People, no.
Ha, ha, ha, macho man
Old September 12, 2011, 09:09 AM   #27
Aguila Blanca

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8shot357
Get real, he has what is called a wife.
Where was there any lack of reality in my post?

I also have a wife, and my wife loves to go into New York City. She also knows and respects that I detest NYC, so unless it is necessary for me to be there for some kind of business, when she feels an urge to visit the Big Apple she goes with one of her female friends who also likes visiting NYC.
Old September 12, 2011, 10:46 AM   #28
oneounceload

So you let your unarmed wife travel with another unarmed wife into NYC and you are not concerned? That would seem to answer the issue then
Old September 12, 2011, 10:57 AM   #29
NJgunowner

Man, I'm surprised some of you guys even leave your houses your so afraid of the world. My parents, my grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, friends, friends of friends... none of us carry and we're all still here.

IF I could carry would I? Damn straight. But I'm not going to be afraid to go outside if I can't either.
Old September 12, 2011, 12:21 PM   #30
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
bring the gun(s). you'll never use them unless absolutely necessary anyways
And that's why we don't rely on the internet for serious advice.

I was last in NYC in 2008. As others have said, the city has been cleaned up. I rode the subway from Manhattan to Jamaica at odd hours. I did not feel I was in any danger at any time.

Why? Because it's been turned into Airstrip One. There are cameras everywhere. I don't remember not being within shouting distance of a police officer at any point when I was there.

Safer? Yes, for people who obey the law. However, NYC has a well-known law that makes carrying a concealed weapon a crime, paired with a culture that's very wary of anything that might be a concealed weapon. This post 9/11 world and all that.

In NYC, you're often going to be at close quarters. You'll be jostling other people in crowds. Somebody bumps into you and feels something that might be a chunk of metal, and the police will be notified. You'll be in and out of buildings with metal detectors at the entrances. Stop and walk away suspiciously, and the police will be notified.

I daresay it's probably more risky to carry a concealed weapon there than not.
Old September 12, 2011, 01:31 PM   #31
8shot357

Quote:
Post#27

Aguila Blanca

She also knows and respects that I detest NYC, so unless it is necessary for me to be there for some kind of business, when she feels an urge to visit the Big Apple she goes with one of her female friends who also likes visiting NYC.
Post#28

Quote:
So you let your unarmed wife travel with another unarmed wife into NYC and you are not concerned? That would seem to answer the issue then
Thank you, you were being kind. I would have ripped him a ....
Old September 12, 2011, 03:24 PM   #32
Aguila Blanca

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneounceload
My wife is a free adult who grew up in a city far more dangerous than NYC. My loathing for NYC stems from the filth, the noise, the pollution and the army of hangers-on who all have their hands out for your money, NOT because I think NYC is any more dangerous than Omaha, Nebraska, or Coeurs d'Alene, Idaho. NYC is a lot LESS dangerous than Tucson, Arizona, for example.

My wife is comfortable going into NYC. What am I supposed to do ... forbid her from going?

The next snide comment about MY relationship with MY wife will be regarded as a personal attack and will be reported to the moderators for appropriate action.
Old September 12, 2011, 03:27 PM   #33
egor20

Quote:
I daresay it's probably more risky to carry a concealed weapon there than not.
Best point made.

Even better then mine,,,,, ya fink

Country don't mean dumb.
Steven King. The Stand
Old September 12, 2011, 03:34 PM   #34
Glenn E. Meyer
Staff

Lights out. Don't care about your opinion on NYC vs. the paradise you might live in or posters spousal relationships.

I knew we would go down this path. Told you so.

Bye, Bye.
http://www.teddytactical.com/archive...11_Feature.htm
Being an Active Shooter
Closed Thread