The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old September 6, 2011, 12:45 PM   #1
shepherddogs

Problems with Bud's Gun Shop

I ordered a S&W handgun from Bud's Law Enforcement last week. Shortly after I received an email saying they needed to verify my credentials. I emailed them my credentials and received an email stating that they had received my credentials and they had been verified. I then reordered the pistol and received an email saying that the weapon would be shipped in 3-7 working days. This was on 9-4-11. Today I get an email saying to give them a call regarding my order. So I do. The guy on the phone says that S&W refuses to allow LE discounts to NC. I called BS and was transferred to another CSR who admitted they had sold me a gun they didn't have. I asked when they would have it and they stated "at least a month knowing S&W". He offered to sell me another gun. Has anyone else had this problem with Buds? I am annoyed to say the least. My Credit Card has been charged and they don't even have the product. What the H... is this. Bait and Switch? Let me clarify. My CC has not shown the transaction to have occurred but funds in the exact amount of the sale are not available.

Last edited by shepherddogs; September 6, 2011 at 03:46 PM.
Old September 6, 2011, 01:00 PM   #2
larryf1952

I am not an LEO, so I have never tried to buy a gun from Bud's via their LE division. However, having purchased 5 handguns from Bud's within the past 3 years, I can say that I have never had a problem with them insofar as their complete honesty and willingness to make me happy is concerned.

Many online retailers typically take orders for items that they do not carry in their inventory. They are drop shipped from the factory or distributor, and discrepancies in what the retailer shows as being available, and what is actually available from the factory/distributor, are not uncommon.

I seriously doubt that Bud's is intentionally trying to pull a "bait and switch" on you. Give them a chance to work it out before you get upset. I'm sure you'll both have a better day.
Old September 6, 2011, 01:10 PM   #3
Sulaco2

I ordered several MSAR mags from Buds some time ago, they emailed that the order was shipped over 2 weeks ago no show yet....hummm
Old September 6, 2011, 01:47 PM   #4
shepherddogs

Not interested in suing, only want satisfaction. They offered me a product, claimed to have it in stock and now cannot deliver. They said they show 3 in stock but only have 2. The other 2 must be better customers than me and will get their guns. I just want them to deliver what they promised. I told them I expected to receive my gun at the price I was quoted. They said OK but "feel free to cancel your order at anytime" which I sort of took as a blowoff.

Last edited by shepherddogs; September 6, 2011 at 02:34 PM.
Old September 6, 2011, 03:17 PM   #5
shepherddogs

I called around and the gun I'm looking for is unavailable. I was offered an identical price as Buds for the same weapon but 4 to 6 weeks on delivery. I guess I just have to deal with the wait. Still, I'm more than a little aggravated.
Old September 6, 2011, 03:36 PM   #6
shepherddogs

I agree, I've had good luck with Bud's in the past. Apparently it is an inventory issue. Still the first guy shouldn't have said that S&W refuses LE discounts in NC. As annoyed as I am, I guess I'll just have to wait. I'll post the outcome, good or bad.
Old September 6, 2011, 06:22 PM   #7
murphjup

Try [email protected] He is in the Lexington location as opposed to other "Call Centers" they started...

I had a problem a couple weeks ago and he went out of his way to work out the problem...

Before, I spoke with anyone there anymore, I would make sure they are at the main store as compared to other "order takers"

I think they have overgrown their britches a bit...

Let us know how you do..

Old September 6, 2011, 07:03 PM   #8
shepherddogs

I did this strictly online. I tried to order the gun about 10 days ago. Website said it was in stock. I clicked "Buy Now" and was in the process of checking out when up popped somthing saying it was out of stock and wanted to know if I wanted to add it to my "Wish List". I figured someone beat me to the last gun and added it to my Wish List. I kept checking the website and finally it showed it back in stock again. So I ordered it this weekend. Today they tell me it's out of stock again. Frustrating.
Old September 6, 2011, 07:21 PM   #9
KyJim

I don't think Buds is trying to screw you in anyway. They do too much Internet business to try that stuff. It was probably just a popular model. They get a limited amount for LEO. I saw a Kahr CM9 on their police site on the weekend a while back and stopped by the shop the next Monday. They said they sold out and might have oversold by one gun (no, it wasn't to the OP ). Anyway, I ended up buying it at their regular retail establish a short time later and didn't mind losing the discount to get the gun.

As I see it, the real problem is the BS the first call representative gave you. If you have his name, you should report him to management. It would have been much easier to relate the real problem or to even say, "I don't know but I'll get back to you."

I would cancel the sale and make sure Bud's credits your account or doesn't charge it.
Old September 6, 2011, 07:24 PM   #10
murphjup

Shepherddogs, I should have said when you call them for a customer service issue, you don't always get someone at their main location...

Old September 6, 2011, 08:40 PM   #11
8shot357

I think Bud's is good, but not perfect.

In fact, they have lost some sales from me. I still buy from them sometimes, because there prices ar hard to beat.
Old September 7, 2011, 01:09 PM   #12
shepherddogs

OK, I called them today and requested a gun similar to the one I had ordered and cancelled the 1st order. They gave me $15 off the price as a conciliatory gesture. I guess I'll quit complaining. Still not what I wanted but at least they tried.
Old September 7, 2011, 04:43 PM   #13
8shot357

Is this a secret gun that you don't want to talk about?
Old September 7, 2011, 08:20 PM   #14
Sulaco2

Well the full order of mags from Bud's got here today, so no real complaints..
Old September 7, 2011, 09:59 PM   #15
SadistAssassin

Ive ordered 2 guns from buds in the past and never had a problem...this is the first problem with buds ive heard...i don't think they are trying to screw you...they are a company with real people who make mistakes. plus their prices are friggin awesome.
Old September 8, 2011, 05:57 AM   #16
Shane Tuttle
Staff

OK, I'm going to close this one. The OP has settled. This thread was moved from a discussion forum which we have different rules in this one. It ended up with several deleted posts at the fault of no one so it's best to sever the ties for the time being...

Closed

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Closed Thread