The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old September 8, 2011, 12:23 PM   #1
Outlaw81

ahhh.. almost time to add to the wall.

Its getting to be that time of year again!! I looked at my garage wall and thought about how cool it would look with a few big boar skulls up there. I went to my buddy's house earlier and poked a little fun at his expense at our opinions of what trophies were. He isn't very dedicated to hunting, and seems to mount everything he kills. I understand he's holding on to the memories in his own way, but he sure does give me a hard time about the racks I never mount. I personally love taking pictures of critters in the woods. There's just something about getting 20 shots off with a camera from 20 yards that's more rewarding for me. I was blessed enough to kill a 193 1/2" 14 point four years ago that is hanging on the wall at our tribal capital. That's most likely the last thing I have formally mounted. Y'all show off your walls and get excited! Christmas, I mean deer season is almost here!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011-09-08 12.04.46.jpg (228.3 KB, 74 views)
Old September 8, 2011, 10:13 PM   #2
Buzzcook

Nice fish.
Old September 8, 2011, 11:09 PM   #3
Outlaw81

Thanks!! Ill put a pic up tomorrow of the bigger ones. I was trying out a taxidermist on the two in the garage. They were only eights. I've got a ten and an eleven in the house. If I could only do one thing outdoors, it would definitely be bass fishing! !!
Old September 9, 2011, 09:35 AM   #4
FrontSight

That's beautiful! I would so love a collection like that some day...

And I bet a coat of white paint would make them stand out and jump at you even more; right now they are blending into the tan background a bit...well, except for the boar skulls, of course; they would then blend into the white paint...

Decision, decisions...maybe green?
Old September 9, 2011, 07:55 PM   #5
Outlaw81

Here's the others...

The one on the left is 11 1/2lbs and the right is 10 3/4 lbs. Both caught at Hugo Lake in the late spring in 1998 and 2004. I can tell, y'all are jealous as hell!!! Lol! The last pic is what I'm gonna try doggin one at 1000yds with. It's my savage 12 300wsm in a Bell & Carlson stock, 20moa egw mount, millett low rings, and millett lrs-1 6.5-25x56 35mm scope.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gun and fish 003.JPG (102.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg gun and fish 005.JPG (109.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg gun and fish 004.JPG (106.1 KB, 19 views)