The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old August 21, 2011, 10:37 PM   #1
Coach Z

Interested in NFA items in CT

I am wondering if anybody here can give me some more details about how tough CT is on NFA items and if anyone has formed a trust in this state. I know a friend who formed a trust several years ago to bypass cleo but he has since passed away and I never got a chance to ask about the process. Just looking for some pointers as to how to get started with some of the more fun toys associated with the sport!
Old August 21, 2011, 11:28 PM   #2
drew332

I'm a LEO in CT and I own a SBS and I'm currently in the process of assembling my first SBR, which will also be suppressed. I don't know much about trusts for NFA items, as I've only done personal transactions with the CLEO sign off.

From my experience, CT is not too anti-NFA so long as the items fit under existing CT law, such as the CT AWB.

Sorry for being so general, but if you have more specific questions in this regard, maybe I could answer more clearly.