The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old August 10, 2011, 11:58 AM   #1
Nakanokalronin

Rear sight options for Ruger P89

My P89 shoots center just fine but a tad low. I'd like to replace the rear sight with something higher. I'd rather not go with an adjustable rear or tritium if I have to. I'm unsure if any of the other P series Ruger rear sights are higher than the P89's sight so if anyone has some insight on that, I'd appreciate it.

I could file down the front sight but there isn't much there to begin with plus I would need to black out the dots so I'd rather leave that as a last resort.
Old August 11, 2011, 01:42 PM   #2
willr

You might try a target sight for a 22lr Mark II. It fits well with a minimum of fitting. The only problem is that it won't cover the opening on top of the slide completely -- but it does cover it adequately. When I bought mine, the salesperson at Ruger said she had seen such a use of the target sight.

willr
Old August 12, 2011, 07:53 PM   #3
herbie1

LPA makes plain and fiber optic sight sets that will fit the p89

http://www.lpasights.com/catalogTTF.html

H.