The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old April 26, 2000, 10:49 AM   #1
junior

Need all the info on this gun also. I'll get more info on the L.C. Smith.

Thanks
Old April 26, 2000, 01:42 PM   #2
James K
Staff

Hi, Junior,

I don't know what you want to know. The Fox Model B was the last of the guns with the grand old name of Fox, but it was not of the quality of the older guns. It was an inexpensive side-by-side double, made in 12 and 20 gauge and .410. Some had a single selective trigger and selective ejectors, and these add some to the value. Quality was so-so and reliability poor, at least considering the number I had to fix.

Value in top condition is $300-400 strictly as a shooter. There is no collector value.

Jim
Old April 26, 2000, 11:05 PM   #3
dundee

Jim
I would be very interested in what you saw go wrong with fox model B SxS shotguns. I have one in 12 gauge and they seem to be well respected at cowboy shoots. Mine has experenced no problems but I am always considering spare parts to keep a gun up and running for matches.
Please post or e-mail me direct
Old April 27, 2000, 01:51 PM   #4
James K
Staff

If you have one which actually fires both barrels and not at the same time, you are OK.

Otherwise, they are rugged guns.

Jim