The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old June 20, 2011, 08:12 PM   #1
TrooperLX

Excam Model GT 25SC

I have completely stripped, properly cleaned this 25SC with CLP and an AP Brush, and am now in the assembly process. I made my own complete diagram and I thought I was very detailed, but I left out exactly how the trigger/tension spring and magazine latch with spring go back together. I am basically at a hault. I have tried a few different ways and the problem that I am having is that the spring that goes in the trigger keeps shooting out before I can get the pin attached. I believe it is very similar to the GT 27 from the searches that I have done already. Tomorrow I am going to see a gun smith to see if he knows the order and way that the trigger assembly has to be put back together. I think I might have taken too much apart, but it needed to be cleaned thoroughly. I would like to know if anyone has any advice for this pistol. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for the time.
Old June 20, 2011, 11:54 PM   #2
James K
Member In Memoriam

I have seen those guns, but don't recall having one apart. What you describe though, sounds like the solution may be a "slave pin", a short pin that holds pieces together until they can be put in the gun and then is driven out by the regular pin.

Jim
Old June 21, 2011, 08:51 PM   #3
TrooperLX

That sounds similar to what I was trying with my Auto Glass Hook Tool. I would stick the hook end into the larger hole above the pin hole that keeps the trigger in place. I would try to keep it down, but the trigger mounting pin hole would never quite line up. The holes were very close, but it was almost as if the spring was maxed out. I know that somehow the spring can have another 1/8" of an inch squeezed out of it the line up. It's almost as if I need an extra hand to drop the pin in. I will try the slave pin idea though and get back you on that. Thank you for your time Jim.