The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old August 26, 2011, 09:13 PM   #1
Polglock

New to me p64

Today I just picked up a new to me p64. Out of all my guns I think this may be the most fun to shoot and examine. It is dead nuts accurate and no where near as snappy as ive read,also the d/a trigger is not too terrible but still make you want to cock the hammer for the first shot. It is just a neat little piece and seems to be well built. Its a 1973 in very good condition that I picked up for $200.00 with a box of 50 silverbear jhp. Put 25 rounds threw it today at the farm and with no hicups or ftfs. I cant stop thinking about it.might try to put some more rounds threw it bfore the hurrican hits. Any info would be great if anyone is really keen on these. Also I dont plan on doin the wolf spring upgrade it all seems to work great.
Old August 26, 2011, 11:17 PM   #2
Hairbag

P64

I bought a P64 a few months ago and I was very impressed with the accuracy. I'm more accurate with the P64 than with my makarov. They make a great CCW. I think the P64 and the Maks are some of the best bargins out there. I installed a heavier recoil spring from wolf and I'm very happy with mine.
Old August 27, 2011, 08:06 AM   #3
Doyle

Get the main and recoil replacement springs and it will be a great shooter for you. Mine is my main carry gun. With the replacement mainspring, it has a very nice DA trigger pull.
Old August 27, 2011, 08:38 AM   #4
AKsRul.e

Congrats.

They are great little pistols ( I have two )

The DA pull on my two smoothed up quite a bit after some live/dry fire
so I kept the original springs in.

Here's the Manual in case you haven't seen it.
http://p64resource.com/board/P64Manual.pdf