The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old January 19, 2000, 06:53 PM   #1
Dennis Price

I recently came into possession (by buying!) a stainless .45 ACP manufactured by Crown City Arms in Cortland, NY. I can't seem to find any information about them. I would appreciate any information that anyone could furnish me about this company and their product. I appreciate it.
Old January 20, 2000, 08:45 AM   #2
Harley Nolden
Staff In Memoriam

Dennis:
Don't have any information on this Company: Many companies have web sites, try Search: with the name of the company.

HJN

[This message has been edited by Harley Nolden (edited January 20, 2000).]
Old January 20, 2000, 10:31 AM   #3
fal308
Staff Alumnus

Somewhere I know I've got more info on Crown City, just can't find it in this mess I call a house.
The only refence that I can see at the moment only lists some model names - Condor, Eagle, Falcon, Hawk and Swift. The Falcon is not to be confused with the Falcon from Peregrine Industries, which was a revision of the Bren 10.
Not sure if they're even around anymore. They were a pretty hot commodity back in the 80s(?) IIRC.
Old January 20, 2000, 06:40 PM   #4
Jim V

What I know about Crown City, they were still in business in 1981, they were at first a seller of 1911 parts, both militry surplus and others parts. They were a owned and run by several women. They refered to themselves as "The Good 'ol Gals", but NONE of they could have been considered old. I am not sure who manufactured their pistols, if done in house or contracted out. I had bought a lot of parts from them while they were in business and their service and delivery time was excellent.

The last known address I have is Box 1126, Courtland, NY,13045 [607] 753-0104. I don't think that bit of information will help you much. LOL

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

[This message has been edited by Jim V (edited January 20, 2000).]