The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old March 8, 2009, 01:49 PM   #1
tjtim

H&H Zehner of Frankfurt/M germany

any information on H&H Zehner made rifles? my web searches have provided very little results and details however have a chance to buy a very fine rifle in 270 based on them m98 mauser type action, made in belgium 1954, custom engraved metal and stock etc.

Last edited by tjtim; March 8, 2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old March 8, 2009, 02:36 PM   #2
James K
Staff

Not to everyone's taste, but I think that workmanship speaks for itself, regardless of who the builder was.

Jim
Old March 9, 2009, 08:26 AM   #3
tjtim

Yeah Jim,

Not too many folks go for the hand crafted or worked rifles these days, but i have always been drawn to those types of works to put into my collection, not sure why. I have found out that he was a post war gunsmith, and did quit a few of these rifles, all were usually of a high grade base and he reworked them to include metal engravings and wood workings, I so far have seen a husqvarna and sako that he has made, this one I believe to be a mauser or sako, it is not a husqvarna, I have a 1953 HVA 1100 super grade and it is close to it but not the same in design. I am in hopes someone here could give a bit of history on his reworked rifles, and or post up details or pictures of his other works.

Thanks Tim