The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old May 9, 2011, 10:14 PM   #1
guitars and guns

Where can you buy Police Trade in Handguns?

A thread from a forum member in the SA forum buying a LEO Glock 22 has sparked my interest.

Are there any sites that sell them or how can I find out where to buy them locally?

Seems like most of the buys I have read about have been pretty good deals.
Old May 9, 2011, 10:29 PM   #2
edlegault

Look at the online sales/auction sites. Guns America has had ffl dealers that have had trade-ins in volume. I've seen Beretta 92fs (and police variations) and Browning High Powers (Israeli police). I have never noticed Glocks because I was never shopping for one. But they could be there.
Old May 10, 2011, 04:08 AM   #3
AK103K

J&G Sales usually has a bunch. I got a decent Model 64 DAO from the for a reasonable price.

It has some finish wear, but its not bad, and the trigger is "very" nice. Good shooter too.

You buy direct from them and they ship it to your dealer.

http://www.jgsales.com/

Zeitgeist - The Movie
Old May 10, 2011, 05:45 AM   #4
spodwo

GunsAmerica and Robertson Trading Post s is where I have gotten my used 5906. WOW was it in good shape!

Their website is linked to selling on GunsAmerica. Real top notch outfit. I have bought stuff from them 3 times now....
Old May 10, 2011, 07:16 AM   #5
Single Six

I was going to suggest J&G Sales but AK103K beat me to the punch. It pains me to admit it, but the great majority of police trade-ins are usually a great buy...because they've been carried a lot and shot very little. This hardly speaks well of my chosen profession, but it's true.

Last edited by Single Six; May 10, 2011 at 09:23 AM.
Old May 10, 2011, 08:32 AM   #6
aden67

Mark at summitgunbroker.com sells a lot of PD trade-ins. He has some S&W 4006's right now.

Never have done business with him, but have always read positive reviews of him.
Old May 10, 2011, 08:41 AM   #7
jglsprings

Mark @ www.summitgunbroker.com is a great guy to work with. I just got a 3" Model 65 from him.

Some guy at the end of the bar always has to stand up and shout something that makes no sense at all.

Last edited by jglsprings; May 10, 2011 at 08:43 PM.
Old May 10, 2011, 09:00 AM   #8
MGMorden

Various places.

Budsgunshop has had some police trade-in S&W/Walther 99's recently, though they're out now.

Your best bet though is just to hand around on the forums and see what people are talking about (particularly C&R forums for anything that qualifies there - you won't find your Glock there but a lot of other good police surplus weapons are C&R eligible). Most of the times surplused guns will come in in big lots. There are various companies that tend to deal in such lots. A few that I've taken to keeping an eye on regularly:

Southern Ohio Gun
AIM Surplus
Wideners
Centerfire Systems
Century arms
J&G Sales

One thing in particular that you might do if you have a Facebook account is to "Like" the Facebook groups for those companies. Most of them will post when they get new batches of stuff so you'll see it just sort of showup as a new item in your regular Facebook feed. Alternatively some of them have email mailing lists you can sign up for too.
Old May 10, 2011, 11:29 AM   #9
avakadava

Police Trade-Ins

Hi guitars and guns:

Express Police Supply at: www.expresspolicesupply.com usually has police department Glock trade-ins.

Hope this helps.
Old May 10, 2011, 03:14 PM   #10
S_Constitutionist

CDNN usually has a few (especially G22's) in their catalog for a song. They often have night sights IIRC as well.
Old May 10, 2011, 03:29 PM   #11
magnumPi

sovereign guns has a few in their gunbroker listings, G22's and a few Beretta 92 police trade-ins. That's where I got my Beretta 92FS police special from, great gun, some wear on the outside but dang near new on the inside.

sovereignguns.com
they have a link to their gunbroker account at the bottom right of the page
Old May 10, 2011, 03:33 PM   #12
MLeake

I initiated a purchase on a used, Very Good Plus condition Brink's Security trade-in model 10 HB 4" this morning, with J&G Sales. Guy on the phone was very pleasant and easy to deal with; price beat anything I've seen around here except on some pretty beat-up Victory models.

The downside is it may take a week before the gun ships. The upside is the delay is because the J&G gunsmith is on vacation this week, and the store will not sell any used guns that the smith has not thoroughly inspected first. If they find one that he has already approved, it will ship immediately, otherwise, I have to wait until Monday or Tuesday for it to leave Prescott.

That kind of delay is one I do not mind in the least.
Old May 10, 2011, 04:27 PM   #13
Don Glock

ombexpress has a bunch. they even put a cheesy zombie slide plate cover and $10 laser on one and call it "the zombie killer" lol
Old May 10, 2011, 08:41 PM   #14
guitars and guns

Thanks for the info fellas!
Old May 11, 2011, 06:03 AM   #15
Superfuzz

Guns America has a couple USP 9mm, trade-ins.
Old May 11, 2011, 10:10 AM   #16
RockyMtnTactical

AIM gets them sometimes.
Old May 12, 2011, 01:05 PM   #17
Daugherty16

http://www.budsgunshop.com

check out their prices. you may decide to buy new.

some of their stock isn't deeply discounted, but the majority is way lower than you can find elsewhere .
"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness... How pathetic." - - Ted Nugent

"Cogito, Ergo Armitum Sum" - (I Think, Therefore I Am Armed)- - anon.
Old May 12, 2011, 01:44 PM   #18
Nico Testosteros

Chestnut Ridge also sells some police trade ins.