The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 16, 2013, 12:48 AM   #51
CharlieDeltaJuliet

Dang, I hate you are having issues. I bought a Sig C3CT almost a year ago and love it. I have heard of magazine issues with the older Sig 1911's but not the newer. Hmmm... I would let Sig fix it. They are really good about taking care of any issues. I had a problem with a P229 a few years ago, they fixed it fast... Good luck and keep us posted on what they do..
..." - Thomas Jefferson
Old January 16, 2013, 03:54 AM   #52
LRChops

No problems with any of my SIG 1911's. I have a GSR XO and the thing is flawless. Same with the Scorpion 1911.
Old January 16, 2013, 05:24 AM   #53
Nathan

I hope this is the fix. The trouble is all good(basically in spec) 1911 mags should run 100% in your gun.

The 3 pt jam as it is called has a lot of Internet coverage. The 3 pt jam which is so awful is when the feed geometry is so out of spec that nothing will make it feed right.

Your 3 pt jam is the my new gun runs "too slow" 3 pt jam. It is generally solved by a new recoil spring, new mag spring and/or shooting a new gun 200 - 500 rounds. Shooting is the easiest way for a new guns fitting process to complete.

Since mags worked, it sounds like the last round was too slow coming up the mag body causing it to be caught by the slide wrong which hits the brakes on the feed cycle.

Now, after your mags have 500 rounds per mag, is it still ok? If not replacing the recoil spring with 1 lb lighter one might give lower slide velocity at feed, I believe. Or Wolfe + mag springs might be a better choice.

FWIW, although Wilon's usually run, I prefer a dimple mag like Checkmate.
Old January 16, 2013, 06:44 AM   #54
thedudeabides

Do not use the CMC mags with the metal followers. You will tear up the aluminum frame on your Sig.
Old January 16, 2013, 12:49 PM   #55
dgludwig

It's been almost two years since the op first posed his problem and, from what I can tell from his subsequent posts, the issue was resolved by replacing the factory mags with good quality after-market mags.