The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 21, 2011, 09:53 PM   #26
Sriracha

It really just comes down to which has better ergonomics for you.

Make sure to check out the CZ's double action trigger pull. I have medium hands (1911, Browning HP, Beretta M9, XD9, S&W K-frames all fit me well), but the double action trigger is a bit of a reach for me.

- Sr.
Old April 22, 2011, 01:40 PM   #27
dgludwig

Quote:
It really just comes down to which has better ergonomics for you.

This observation may come across as trite and overly simplistic to some but, in the case at hand, I think it's especially apropos. I own both pistols in question (well, the CZ is a Model 85) and I would be hard put to recommend one over the other to a prospective buyer. They seem to me to be just about equal in all the important ways: workmanship/finish (though the Beretta may have a very slight edge here), accuracy and reliability. But they do feel distinctly different enough from each other that I can well imagine a person loving one and hating the other on this basis alone.

So: "It really just comes down to which has better ergonomics for you."