The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 12, 2011, 09:13 AM   #1
tristar viper

M6 Predator on GlockStore

Has anyone seen the M6 Predator on the Glockstore website or in the Glockstore booklet they send out? I'm sure some of you have.
I'd like to know what some of you think about it? I'm not gonna go into detail about what exactly it is and has, but if you've seen it and know what I'm talking about, tell me what you think. Looks pretty darn cool to me......
Now please; if you're a hater and just out to make a derogatory comment about Glock pistols, don't bother posting.
Thank you.
Old April 12, 2011, 09:17 AM   #2
Uncle Malice

No.

Extremely over-priced mall-ninja toy.
Old April 12, 2011, 09:22 AM   #3
tristar viper

I'd have to say that Malice isn't impressed.....
Old April 12, 2011, 09:28 AM   #4
Uncle Malice

Quote:
Built for concealment, performance and serious tactical carry situations,
lol... come on, man...

It's a glock frame thrown together with a lone wolf slide, kkm barrel and aftermarket trigger.

sub-compacts are not generally considered especially 'tactical'. The Glock 34 is the 5-inch 'tactical' model.

It's the equivalent of this...

Spending $1,300 on a $500 pistol is silly.

This isn't a bash against Glocks either. I love Glocks. THIS thing... isn't a Glock.

I don't like the factory Glock trigger, but a Ghost Rocket connector, Wolff trigger spring, and connecting surface polish makes it quite nice. If I really want to smooth it out, a Lightning Strike titanium firing pin safety smooths it out even more. This can all be done for under $100.
Old April 12, 2011, 09:45 AM   #5
tristar viper

It's also not a $500 pistol anymore with all that stuff added.....
Don't misunderstand, I don't want to buy it. But there will undoubtedly be lots or people who do like it and will pay that for it. So the term "silly" is subjective i'd have to say....
Old April 12, 2011, 09:57 AM   #6
Uncle Malice

Quote:
It's also not a $500 pistol anymore with all that stuff added.....
You could buy the parts and reproduce it - for the most part - for about $700 maybe.

Quote:
there will undoubtedly be lots or people who do like it and will pay that for it.
We'll probably have to agree to disagree on that. Will they sell a couple of them? Probably. Will they sell a lot of them... very, very doubtful.

Glocks are appealing because they are are relatively inexpensive and still very reliable. They are plain tools that you don't mind carrying around and banging up every day.

Why would you spend $1300 on this thing when you could get a Springfield TRP or Dan Wesson or P229 Stainless Elite for these kind of prices??

It's a special order build. It's not like they have a ton of them in stock and ready to go. So they can offer it as a custom build service. rockyourglock.com does similar stuff. They don't sell like hot cakes though, that's for sure.
Old April 12, 2011, 10:01 AM   #7
tristar viper

I wonder too about the actual reliability of the thing after it's built. They say "built and tested" and all that, but Glock is hard to beat reliability-wise. Seems to me it might be easy, if you go changing stuff, to make a Glock LESS reliable in the end by doing something like this to it.....
Old April 12, 2011, 10:20 AM   #8
Spats McGee
Staff

It looks like the solution to a problem that didn't exist. As I've said before, I'm something of a reluctant Glock fan. Do I really need to pay double or triple the cost of a Glock to get reliability & 2" at 20 yards? No. I'd be just as happy with, and confident in, a stock Glock.

Edited to add: Bear in mind, that the only use I have for a Glock is home or self-defense. If someone wants to shoot target matches with a Glock, the 2" @ 20 yard barrel might make some sense.