The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old April 2, 2011, 12:54 PM   #1
riverwalker76

Beretta M9 Barrel Replacement Help Needed

I have a new barrel for my Beretta M9, and am in the process of installation.

I removed the Locking Block without any problems. However, I cannot get the Locking Block Plunger Retaining Pin out. I have the correct size punch, and have tried punching it in several different directions using a brass hammer, but can't get it to budge.

Are there slots in the Locking Block Plunger that only allow the pin to be removed if the Plunger is in a certain position?
Old April 2, 2011, 01:11 PM   #2
Don P

Can't answer the question so how about trying over on the Beretta forum. Lot of knowledgeable folk over there
Old April 6, 2011, 01:07 AM   #3
10-96

I know this post is several days old, but I just saw it. I just recently replaced mine and can offer a word or two if you haven't gotten things going just yet. The locking block pin can be in any position. The retaining pin is kinda tough to get out. The ends of the roll pin were peened and masked the need to use a smaller punch. I tapped away for a while with absolutely no results, put it under a magnifyer, and realized I needed to go down in punch size.

You do know there is a Gen 3 locking block kit available directly from Beretta and Midwest Gun Works?

Good luck.

I'm going to use the words "clip" and "Long Colt" every chance I get. It grinds my gears to see new members attacked when we all know dang good and well what's being refered to.
Old April 8, 2011, 01:01 PM   #4
ClydeFrog

Olhasso.com ....

If you get in a major jam with your M9 project, David Olhasso is considered to be one of the top Beretta line pistolsmiths in the US.

He does a lot of custom work on the 92/96 series.

www.Olhasso.com

CF

Last edited by ClydeFrog; April 8, 2011 at 01:09 PM.