The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old February 16, 2011, 04:37 PM   #26
603Country

I also have a 4x16 Nikon Monarch on one of my coyote rifles. The other rifle has the 6.5X20X50 Leupold with the 30mm tube. The Nikon is nice, but I really don't think it's in the same class as the Leupold. On the Leupold, I really never see the scope's zero change. It's on the mark time and time again. The Nikon, though I won't swear to it until I've used it some more, seems to have a slightly wandering zero. Right now, if I could get back the money I put on the Nikon, I'd get another Leupold just like the one I have, even though the price is more than double. And if I can't build some trust in the Nikon, it'll have to go. Ya gotta trust the glass if you want to make the shot.
Old February 16, 2011, 06:15 PM   #27
pabuckslayer08

I to have shot rifles with the Monarch and Zeiss and Swaro scopes and the Monarch is by far, I mean by far clearer than the high dollar ones. Simply put they are the clearist scope to buy but I will agree they arnt built to the spec of the high dollar ones and the Swaros probably hold a little nice and the durabilty is a little better
Old February 17, 2011, 01:33 AM   #28
M.O.A.

im with u on not paying alot for scopes i have quite afew leupolds vx 2 and 3 and i bought a cheap barska 6-25x50 mildot scope and i love it. but i would not trade my leupolds for one

Tags
.223 , bdc , nikon , scopes