The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old February 13, 2011, 08:22 AM   #1
tAKticool

Is the Bushmaster ACR avail in 308?

So I sort of kind of like the ACR, it just does it for me a little bit.

The problem is I really don't have a lot of interest in another expensive AR, that's another Bushmaster, for no reason, but I'm not really interested in the 6.8 or 6.5 round either. So I hear how you can have so many different barrel sizes and rounds, I can't get any info on .308? If the ACR is available in .308 or Especially/Definitely if it can just go back and forth from 5.56/7.62 that would be awesome!

Any info on this?

Also , how to say this, I like the way the "advanced" one looks, but I am in Jersey and need the compliant features. Is it possible to "comply" the advanced one ? Or is that as waste, to non-adjust the adjustable stock and remove the flash hider? Thanks thanks.
Old February 13, 2011, 11:36 AM   #2
Lashlarue

Last I heard , they were recalling all the ACR's, it seems their version of a piston system flat out didn't work.Their plastic lowers were sort of a bust , saleswise.Their aluminum direct impingment models are decent, don't know what calibers are offered.Davidson's has one 308 listed 11 in stock, no sights, an optics ready carbine, does say the pistol grip is thermoplastic.
Old February 13, 2011, 11:49 AM   #3
srkavanagh6621

First off the ACR's were recalled for the trigger group malfunctioning which in some instances caused the ACR to go full auto. This was a minimal recall that Bushmaster fixed in a quickly manner. For the most part the guns are very reliable. You do here of a few tehy are having trouble with but not many. second I dont believe .308 was ever in the sights of bushmaster for the ACR they were suppose to come out with the 6.8 rem but it hasnt hit the store front yet I dont believe. So if you dont want an 5.56 you might be in trouble because .308 isnt offered. next if you need a state compliance one a advanced would not work for many of different reasons. Good luck, I somewhat like the rifle and did a lot of research and was thinkin about buying one but decided to wait a year and see were they are then. Hope that helps if you need anything else let me know
Old February 13, 2011, 02:09 PM   #4
David the Gnome

If you want a .308 you'd probably be better served by the SCAR-H.
Old February 13, 2011, 04:58 PM   #5
Pinky Carruthers

Quote:
If the ACR is available in .308 or Especially/Definitely if it can just go back and forth from 5.56/7.62 that would be awesome!
Colt had a 5.56/7.62 convertible AR at the SHOT show. Maybe an option.
SOM
Old February 13, 2011, 05:49 PM   #6
10mmAuto

Quote:
If you want a .308 you'd probably be better served by the SCAR-H.
The SCAR-H is probably the finest fighting rifle on the planet right now.