The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 3, 2011, 11:34 PM   #1
Mike Armstrong

T-C Contender .410 choke tubes question

Does anybody know who made the choke tubes for the T-C Contender "carbine" .410 barrels? The one I mean is the internal choke tube made for the 21" and 23" ribbed barrels on the stocked carbine. But they may be the same on the more recent .45/.410 handguns (the first of those had a screw-on external tube that looked sort of like the tube on the old Cutts Compensator).

I'd like to see if I can get a somewhat more open choke than the full choke on my present barrel. T-C will sell me another full choke tube but doesn't stock the more open chokes and their customer service won't or can't tell me who makes them. I checked the full tube against the Briley tubes I had installed in my 870 Skeet and it doesn't resemble Briley much. Anybody know what make it is?

Just want to experiment with a skeet or IC tube: the full is OK for some things but I suspect that slugs and buckshot would do better with less constriction and would like to find out. I'd rather not have to hone out a full choke tube to get a more open choke--slow and expensive.
Old February 3, 2011, 11:46 PM   #2
sirsloop

lol... you're right there's like no info about it... http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.p...html#msg373840
Old February 4, 2011, 10:15 AM   #3
oneounceload

I'd start with TC and then try Briley - maybe they can make you one
Old February 4, 2011, 11:27 AM   #4
zippy13

If you go to the Briley site and use their Find the choke for your shotgun you'll see that they list the Thompson Center Force as using the "Invector" choke system. Have you compared your choke to the ones Browning sells?