The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old January 24, 2011, 07:08 PM   #1
glockcompact

Jared Loughner pleads not guilty. He's not a lunitic, he's a cold blooded muderer!

OK - I'm a little ticked so forgive me. Both sides (conservatives and liberals) paint this guy to be a lunatic. I'm sorry I don't see it that way. I think he's a cold blooded mass murderer and should be treated as such. Conservatives are so worried of loosing thier 2nd ammendment rights that they (us conservatives) are willing to blame his mental stability to help take the blame off the weapon. The guy is not a lunatic. He knew exactly what he was doing. He's going to plead not guilty by reason of insanity to all charges (just my take.) Since every paper, every liberal, and even every conservative, whether it be newspapers, or talk show host, keep saying over and over he's a lunitic. We need to quit calling him a lunitic and call him what he is.
He's a cold blooded mass murderer.

I'm giong to apoligize to the forum staff ahead of time but it really ticks me off.

ok - rant off.
Follow link below
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...l/7395751.html

Last edited by glockcompact; January 24, 2011 at 07:14 PM.
Old January 24, 2011, 07:29 PM   #2
Jim March

Hmmm.

Tough one. I really think he's mentally ill. Schizophrenic is the best bet...Clayton Cramer agrees and he's studied the subject a lot more than I have. No real doctor will say so without doing a formal exam of course, but...he's just classic.

I think he's looking at life in a loony bin.
Old January 24, 2011, 07:32 PM   #3
Glenn E. Meyer
Staff

OK - you ranted. Hope you feel better. So I will take the time to say I don't care what you think about a technical issue.

Whether he is mentally ill and responsible needs to be determined. As someone who knows something about guns and mental processes, your rant contributes nothing.

That's a moderator opinion. Someone else might have another one.

Here's another opinion - closed.
http://www.teddytactical.com/archive...11_Feature.htm
Being an Active Shooter
Old January 24, 2011, 07:32 PM   #4
chris in va

I agree, definitely mentally ill, not on proper medications.

There was a fascinating show on one of those 'health' channels about serial killers. Their CAT scans revealed they don't have the frontal lobe 'reasoning' center activity a normal person would, so any impulse originating from the brainstem area is allowed to run free.

Doesn't excuse his actions though, and yet another reason why I carry everywhere.
Closed Thread