The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Competition Shooting

Old January 14, 2011, 04:59 PM   #1
MrBorland

New PF for IDPA SSR

Rumor's been flying, but it looks like it's official, so I thought I'd post it here:

http://idpaforum.yuku.com/topic/6941...-floor-for-SSR

IDPA HQ has lowered the SSR PF requirement to 105,000 from 125,000 so those who don't reload can shoot factory .38spl ammo. Effective January 17th.

So, all you guys who have a .38/.357 revolver and a holster, there's now one fewer reason to not come out to your local IDPA match!
Old January 15, 2011, 09:47 AM   #2
lashlaroe

Yeah, I saw some mention on the IDPA forum, but didn't catch the official posting. I agree that this should bring more people out to compete in SSR. It will also allow those who normally concealed carry "snubbies" to come out and practice if they want. It will have the effect of increasing the competition in SSR, IMO. A good thing.

As much as I believe that there is good in every person, I'm not so naive as to think that all people are essentially good. Evil and evil people exist. Deny that fact at your own risk.
Old January 15, 2011, 11:21 AM   #3
kraigwy

Anything that gets more shooters involved in competition gets my vote.

Quote:
It will also allow those who normally concealed carry "snubbies" to come out and practice if they want.
This one really gets a HIGH FIVE from me.

I shoot ICORE, and always pay to shoot an extra gun and go through the course with my pocket 642, drawing from my pocket and loading from loose rounds in another pocket. My times suck but I'm learning to use my carry revolver.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071