The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 8, 2011, 01:48 PM   #1
Harry Callahan

Remington 1100 Tactical

I recently came in to a little extra scratch due to a Fantasy Football championship. I already have a HD pump(S&W knockoff)shotgun which is probably over 40+ year old. It is not as reliable as I would like unless it is squeaky clean. The 1100 Tactical really caught my eye. I already have an 1100 Classic(30" barrel)that I use for trap and absolutely love it, plus I'm already familiar with it. Could some owners of this model give me some thoughts?
"Ah ah. I know what you're thinkin'. Did he fire 6 shots or only 5? To tell you the truth in all this excitement I've kind of lost track myself. But with this being a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off... you've got to ask yourself a question. Do I feel lucky? WELL DO YA, PUNK?!!!"- Harry Callahan(Dirty Harry)
Old January 8, 2011, 05:59 PM   #2
zippy13

Congratulations on your windfall.
My R-1100 target model is just finicky enough that I wouldn't want to use it for home defense. Why not sell your old S&W and get a fresh HD pump gun? With your budget, there are more upscale HD guns than those offered by Remington and Mossberg.
Old January 8, 2011, 11:47 PM   #3
BODAME

1100s

I have been using 12 Ga 1100s in Multi-Gun Shoots for years, and the only Issues were caused by me Learning the Gun.
A Short Barreled 12Ga 1100 Set Up for HD is hard to beat.
Old January 10, 2011, 03:57 PM   #4
jfruser

My preferred HD shotgun is a Rem 1100 12ga with an 18" cylinder choked bbl.

Once I replaced the 45YO O-ring it was as reliable as the day is long.