The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 29, 2013, 01:01 PM   #1
+1k ammo

Glock decisions?

So i have several f rom my Father, but i do not want the 10mm. Ammo difficult etc.

So should i convert down to .40 with just the barrel or use an extra .45 barrel lone wolf that i have and buy a new slide to convert to .45?

I have other .45s in 1911 and a g21 and set up for reloading of that but i dont believe he had the die sets for 10mm a nd i dont have or have ever even shot a .40.

The cost difference do ers not matter

Excuse typos on this darn kindle.
Old May 29, 2013, 01:07 PM   #2
Jumping_Jehosaphat

Just for ease of the gun I'd go with the .40 conversion. For ease of being able to reload your .45, I'd go with the .45 conversion. Hope that helps!

This is just my opinion, but I like the .45 round better because it's more of a push when I shoot. Some of the .40s I've shot feel more like a slap.
Old May 30, 2013, 05:37 AM   #3
+1k ammo

Yes i was leaning towards the 45 because i think it will get used more if i have tons of ammo for it. Then i can reuse the frame and barrel and mags i have and mainly just need a new slide .

I think it is gen 3 but i will check this wknd.