The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old November 10, 2010, 08:31 AM   #1
Magnum Wheel Man

Seeing alot more S&W 32 H&R Mag revolvers for sale on line...

think that has anything to do with the 327 ??? maybe the new lighter weight plastic 38 S&W's available from both Ruger & S&W ??? maybe the 32 has fallen totally from grace ( I persnally like my 6 shot 32 mag better than a 5 shot 38 in the light weight J frames ) or ya think it's something else ???

I actually have a S&W J frame ( hammer gun ) ( sorry, can't keep up with all of S&W's model numbers ) but was searching through the H&R's online, looking for a few old gems, & had my search set up so I could see as many revolvers as possible, & I was amaized at how many S&W's are listed for sale in 32 H&R Mag right now... even found a quite rare one ( air lite ) that I wish I was in better shape money wise to buy right now... I have looked for S&W 32 H&R's before, & never seen so many listed... coincidence ??? just wondering what your thoughts might be

Last edited by Magnum Wheel Man; November 10, 2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old November 10, 2010, 09:06 AM   #2
32 Magnum
Member In Memoriam

I'm thinking you got that right. The .327 Fed Mag. sure outperforms the .32 H&R Mag. I have a few of them so I'm not biased against them, I like them and the round alot. So much so that it is my on-line nick name. One other thought - the cost of the .327 Mag is nearly the same as the .32 Mag - so, other than price of the handgun, feeding the little beasts is a wash.
Old November 10, 2010, 10:21 AM   #3
Glenn E. Meyer
Staff

Where did you see the listings? I have a 432 I got for a real good price after SW started dumping them a few years ago. Ammo is very scarce!

It's a nice little light gun.
http://www.teddytactical.com/archive...11_Feature.htm
Being an Active Shooter
Old November 10, 2010, 10:24 AM   #4
Magnum Wheel Man

was doing a search on Gun Broker, with H&R as a search tag... turned up 8-10-12 S&W's for sale on there right now...

this is something I've been looking for since I found out they made TI cylinder 32's ( though the hammerless model would even be better )

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=199906437

this isn't how I searched before, but wanted to trim down the numbers with a more specific search, for linking here, but ther were several ore in my previous serach, but 4 pages to go through... but there are 7 different S&W's listed in this search...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Sea...=2325&Items=50

Last edited by Magnum Wheel Man; November 10, 2010 at 10:47 AM.
Old November 10, 2010, 12:15 PM   #5
gak

I've got the hammered Air Lite (Airweight?) One of my favorite guns. Since the .327 hasn't been and perhaps likely will not made in this ultra-light-snubby format, I think it's the H&R ammo avalability. I'm keeping mine; have enough ammo for SD purposes for quite some time but sadly not much for decent range time. My Ruger Single Six .32s are destined for .327 conversions when I can afford it. I love the H&R, but the ammo scene has been AWOL for some time now (components blamed by all).

Last edited by gak; November 10, 2010 at 01:02 PM.