The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 30, 2010, 05:52 PM   #1
gaseousclay

Browning cimmaron soft rifle case

can someone shed some light on the length designations that are on these rifle cases? I've seen a couple at the store...one is 48 and the other is 52. the guy at the store told me the 48 should hold my rifle and the 52 is for shotguns. is this correct? I also noticed the Browning catalog had a couple of smaller sized like 40 and 44. I have a Browning A-Bolt with a 22" barrel so I have no clue which rifle case I should be getting. any ideas?
Old October 30, 2010, 06:42 PM   #2
Mr Lucky

Quote:
can someone shed some light on the length designations that are on these rifle cases? I've seen a couple at the store...one is 48 and the other is 52. the guy at the store told me the 48 should hold my rifle and the 52 is for shotguns. is this correct? I also noticed the Browning catalog had a couple of smaller sized like 40 and 44. I have a Browning A-Bolt with a 22" barrel so I have no clue which rifle case I should be getting. any ideas?
The Browning A-Bolt rifle with 22" barrel has an overall length of 42 3/4."

The Browning regular 52" is too long and will not accommodate a scope.

I would recommend The Browning Cimmaron Scoped 48" Soft Case. The Mfg No. is: 1410309248

If you need additional info, here is contact for Browning:

Manufacturer Information
Browning
One Browning Place
Morgan, UT 84050
http://www.browning.com
800-333-3288

— Abraham Lincoln