The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old October 23, 2010, 11:07 PM   #1
rab

Taurus Front sight

I just got a Taurus PT 101 AF. Took it out last night first thirty rounds just fine. However, the sights are pretty bad. Three dot white. rear sight is OK, but front sight sucks. It's a small tunnel, with a white inside. If light is shining directly into it, it's usable. Otherwise, all you see is black front sight blade. I want to replace the sights with a Trijicon or Novak set. Any Ideas? If nothing else, first what can be done to improve the front?

thanks ahead of time.....
Old October 25, 2010, 08:30 AM   #2
gatopardo

You might lok into this...

If you want to customize those sights an make an improvement without spending a lot, I might be able to help.
This semi was customized with glow-on on the front sight, compare with the rear dots which are regular white, they literally disappear in low light.
You could basically fill in the void on the front sight and fill in the old white dots flush with it.

Mind you, the Glow-On pigment is light activated, it isn't tritium, on the flip side , is the brightest alternative out there, not toxic or radioactive, plus is inexpensive and easy to apply. The one in the photo was just exposed 5 seconds to a small led light, the ghost glow will last all night.

Just Google: "Glow-on super phosphorescent" to check the info, made in USA.
Or simply click on the link below

Here is my XD40