The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old November 4, 2010, 05:50 PM   #51
Stevie-Ray

On belt @ 9:00 - cellphone, @ 3:00 - Kimber Ultra CDP in a Don Hume JIT Slide.
Rt front pocket - keys
Lft front pocket - couple bucks in change, Leatherman Micra, NRA pocketknife, reading glasses
Rt rear pocket - KelTec P32 in Uncle Mike's size 1
Lft rear pocket - wallet
Sometimes - Buck Mantis in watch pocket

Dress is generally jeans or cargo pants and sweatshirt untucked in winter or jean or cargo shorts and t-shirt untucked in summer.
Old November 4, 2010, 06:05 PM   #52
2cooltoolz

Here's my everyday. I also have a Motorola Droid which I love, but it was being a camera in this pic

Old November 5, 2010, 10:03 PM   #53
FM12

I have been known to carry, as a plainclothes LEO investigator, a .357 mag revo on the strong side belt, and a full size semi auto in a shoulder holster covered nicely by a sleeveless kahki vest. in the vest was a spare mag, a leatherman, cell phone, walkie talkie and various other police gear. On occasion mind u not everyday, the job dictated the gear.
Old November 6, 2010, 12:22 AM   #54
Doug S

My EDC is neither fancy or "tactical", but these are the items I find most functional day to day. If I were to add a carry gun to the picture, it would be either a G26 or a S&W 642.

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." Col. Jeff Cooper, from The Art of the Rifle
Old November 6, 2010, 07:39 AM   #55
Beentown71

Everything but the lamp! And only carry one extra mag.

Beentown

Time for the Mall Ninja list:
Beretta 92fs, Springer XD9, High Standard Model HB, RRA bull bbl...aw heck with it time to go plink
Old November 6, 2010, 12:24 PM   #56
Glenn Dee

1) Common sense 2) Usually a .38 snub nosed revolver.
Old November 7, 2010, 06:43 PM   #57
igor

Today it was two key wallets and car keys in jeans front pockets with cell phone, a tiny Gerber folder in one back pocket and wallet in another, CZ75 Compact in an FBI cant OWB holster made for the P22 on an old Hellweg basketweave belt, spare mag in a Victorinox Swisstool holster (perfect fit), Fenix TK11 and OC foam spray in coat pockets. Untucked t-shirt for cover.

More usually it's modified to cell phone in Nite-Ize holster or several in cargo pants thigh pockets, Ruger SP101 in a DeSantis pocket holster, another Langwitz speedloader in a cargo pocket, a bigger Cold Steel folder with seat belt cutter and glassbreaker in yet another cargo pocket, and maybe the Victorinox Swisstool in its holster on the belt. No cover garment needed, so one can go bare-chested too

Oh, and since 90% of the time I have a computer backpack with me on a business day, I have a pretty elaborate first aid kit there at all times.
Good karateka I have known were intelligent, original, capable, unpredictable, aggressive, brave, and dangerous. Most had a dark side. Daily practice for decades at hurting other people does not make liberals.

John Farnam quoting a friend, Feb. 2004
Old November 9, 2010, 01:05 PM   #58
boredom

wow, you guys seem to carry a ton of stuff on a daily basis. i only have my weapon (5 o'clock ss), wallet, keys and phone. on occasion i will have a spare mag with me.
Old November 9, 2010, 03:45 PM   #59
markj

I only wish I could carry here at work. Just today as we were getting back from lunch, another shooting, victem died bad guy caught. All this just 2 or 3 blocks away
Old November 9, 2010, 05:34 PM   #60
FireForged

I do not leave my home each day with anything I would consider "gear". I have a wallet, keys (tiny crkt knife as a fob), phone and a SmithWesson 5shot J-Frame. My desire is to go through my normal life as normal as possible without feeling like I am on a mission. If 5-shots cant get it done, I can run a mile at a good pace.
Old November 14, 2010, 04:13 PM   #61
Conn. Trooper

Glock 22 (or my issued Sig 229) strong side, two spare mags on the support side. Ruger LCP in my right front pocket. Benchmade auto on my left pocket. Plus my usual keys, badge, wallet, etc. I always carry 2 sets of keys for my car/truck, dont want to get locked out .

I drive my cruiser off duty, so I carry all my crap with me everywhere I go. If I am just in my truck for the day, I may go back to just the Sig 229 and 2 spare mags.

Once I was gassing up my cruiser at the Troop and ended going to a shooting call with my LCP zipped into the front of my body armor and my M4, felt a liitle odd in my gym shorts, sneakers, tee shirt and body armor with rifle. Had to go to the call though, I am in a very rural area and cops are few and far between. If you hear shooting call 5 minutes away you go, gym shorts be damned.

PS-The only leather I will carry is Black Hills Leather. Rudy is the man for holsters and leather gear.
Old November 14, 2010, 07:02 PM   #62
Wildalaska

Quote:
Everything but the lamp!

Diogenes would carry one

Sincerely

WildlookingforthathonestmanAlaska ™©2002=2010
Old November 15, 2010, 08:31 AM   #63
output

I can’t carry in my home state…but when I travel and it’s permitted legally I do.

My carry has changed considerably but currently it is a Glock 19 or 26 in a Brommeland combat dress belt, Max-Con V holster and one mag pouch. It is a pricy setup…but well worth the money.

-Sebenza 21 Classic
-Hinderer Extreme duty pen
-HDS EDC tactical light
-Leatherman Juice S2
-Pepper Spray
-CC Wallet
-Keys
Old November 15, 2010, 02:35 PM   #64
Glenn E. Meyer

The Surefire. Yesterday, went to the movies. Saw Skyline - which is crappy. However, it does have some neat drone attacks on the aliens and soldiers using Barretts on monsters (didn't do any good).

The theatre now has assigned seating! So we get the tickets towards the back and in the middle. Can't see squat and I see in the gloom two giant figures, with huge legs and tubs of popcorn. How to find my seat - the Surefire came in handy.

The female huge figure then told the male huge figure - SEE, he is a light. Why don't you have light!

Luckily didn't need the Glock, the bug, the two knives, the OC, the cell phone and the 3 days of dried beans I take to the movies.
Old November 15, 2010, 05:07 PM   #65
markj

Quote:
3 days of dried beans
I thought I was the only one.....