The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old October 4, 2010, 06:16 PM   #1
Doc Hoy

And then there were three

Here is a photo of my latest acquisition.

Pietta six and half inch barrel Remington in .36. This pistol is courtesy of Peashooterjoe in trade for an RWS 34 Diana.

Date code is BU whih I think means 2008. It is the third Remington im my pile and the first short barrel.

My regards to peashooterjoe. Hope the rifle works our well.
Old October 4, 2010, 06:44 PM   #2
Fingers McGee

BU is 2004 Doc.

Nice 'GUN' er, I mean pistola. Let us know how she shoots.

FM
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee - AKA Man of Many Colts - Alter ego of Diabolical Ken; SASS Regulator 28564-L-TG; Rangemaster and stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman, Pistoleer, NRA Endowment Life, NMLRA, SAF, CCRKBA, STORM 327, SV115; Charter member, Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision see things as they are, not as they should be. Ambrose Bierce
Old October 4, 2010, 06:55 PM   #3
HotShot.444

I'm all GLOCK and M-16 but, woweee ....

Your Pietta gives me a woodie. Very Nice!!
Old October 4, 2010, 07:26 PM   #4
bedbugbilly

Doc - I have one exactly like this . . . . you will love it! I'm a little concerned though . . . now you'll be shooting .36 and I know from your posts how much you love those .44s! If you don't watch out, you're going to have to start building more showcases for yoru flock! Congrats and I hope you enjoy it!
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63
Old October 5, 2010, 12:14 PM   #5
Slowhand

Latest acquisitions

Congratulations on the new Remmie Doc.

I acquired a couple of .36 Cal, Brass Frames yesterday. A couple of former Wall Hangers from up in Ohio. An FIE and Euro Arms (Armi San Paolo SRL). I'm just going to clean them up, give them a polish job and add them to the herd.
Old October 5, 2010, 02:07 PM   #6
Doc Hoy

Slowhand

Two of any black powder revolver is more than twice as good as one.

Hey BBB,

Coupla weeks ago I picked up a set of Lyman Ideal .375 mold blocks. I had to go out and get myself a .36 so I had something to shoot them in. Awful embarrassing to stand at the bench, throwing the balls at the target. Besides I can't throw fast enough to get the speed to register on the chronograph.
Old October 5, 2010, 07:21 PM   #7
bedbugbilly

Hey Doc - I don't blame you one bit! If a fella has a mold, he needs a gun to fit it. I'll have to try that excuse sometime. It kind of reminds me of the fella who bought a holster and then didn't have anything to fit it. One thing though . . . if the better half doesn't ever buy those excuses . . . you can at least tell them it is sort of like the story of Cinderella and the glass slipper . . . . I do think you'll like the .36 though . . . . I love mine and it is an awesome piece . . . . fun to shoot . . .. fun to hold . . . and even "funner" to look at! Good luck with it and I look forward to hearing about your range time with it! Kindest regards, bbb
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63
Old October 5, 2010, 08:31 PM   #8
Hawg

I almost bought a brass framed 51 in .36 made by CVA at gunshow Sunday for 100. Looked new and unfired. Just couldn't make myself buy a brass frame tho. Bought a 30-30 Winchester instead.
Old October 6, 2010, 01:20 AM   #9
sebou

Hello,
Congratulation for your new acquisition Doc !
I hope you enjoy with it. I personally like 36 calibre, to fan or quick draw. It less expensive cost of ammunition...
Your short Rem barrel is a beautifull revolver to see, now, i just want to know how it firing well. Tell us please !

Seb
Old October 6, 2010, 04:49 AM   #10
Doc Hoy

Hawg and Seb

I think a hundred bucks is a little steep for a brass frame 1851 at a gun show. Of course I did not see it but I think I agree with your decision.

Seb,

I hope to be out shooting this Sunday if the weather holds. It will certainly go along.

Last edited by Doc Hoy; October 6, 2010 at 05:05 AM.
Old October 7, 2010, 01:51 PM   #11
sebou

I hope you will have a nice fun, good hunt !