The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old September 10, 2010, 04:24 PM   #1
Steve1973

LMT ARs

Hello All,

I am looking into purchasing a LMT 5.56 piston driven. Have any of you had to use their customer service? I can not find warranty information about their guns. I even contacted LMT, all they stated was if I have problem to contact them. I do not want to buy it if I have trouble with it & get charged an arm & a leg to get it fixed.

I went ar15.com to see if they had any info on it but could not find anything.
Old September 10, 2010, 05:18 PM   #2
GONIF

LMT is top quality and GTG. You do not need a Piston AR ,the DIA works fine .
all Piston AR's are over priced . I sugest you get a BCM upper and build the lower ,and take the money you save and buy quality optics . I have Never had a problem with a quality DI AR .
Old September 10, 2010, 05:32 PM   #3
IXLR8

I looked at the LMT's but I thought they were all DI. After looking back at the website I see that they do have Piston Models.

These are REALLY nice !!!

Post your experience when you get it!
Old September 11, 2010, 10:01 AM   #4
Sgt.Fathead

LMTs warranty policy might not be clearly stated but their products are top of the line. You want piston drive, get a piston drive. You want direct action, get a direct action. Don't fear inferiority, these are high quality, well made military style sporting rifles with a high level of fit and finish.
Old September 15, 2010, 12:57 AM   #5
TriggerJunky

My .02 cents... ditch any thought of getting anything which requires said companies "tailor fit" barrel. Companies like LMT are doing great right now, but what if, in the off chance (few years down the road) you shoot out your barrel & LMT tanks. Now LMT barrels are 2-3 times more expensive? Or, even worse... zombie apocalypse. Been a long season dropping the undead... barrels shot out... awww F&*#... where am I gonna find another LMT barrel??? Lol... last part is obviosly more far fetched... but... plan for murphys law... "what if" main principle of bushido.