The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old April 15, 2010, 03:17 PM   #1
ajgranda

Opinions on the SW Model 327 SKU: 170245

Hi,

Anyone shot or own one that can give me your impressions? Decent carry gun (other than hot summers) ? Has it been accurate and reliable? Does the "Performance tuning" really make a difference? I would be practicing is mostly .38 +P but carrying .357 mag shells.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...14&isFirearm=Y

Thanks

Last edited by ajgranda; April 15, 2010 at 04:53 PM.
Old April 17, 2010, 07:20 AM   #2
ajgranda

Wow, no replies. I guess this must be a very limited edition.
Old April 17, 2010, 07:52 AM   #3
EdInk

You would earn some cool points for having a performance center gun. Arguably, some more points for having moon clips. (I say maybe for the clips because you're using it on a rimmed cartridge.)

I have not fired that exact model. However, IMHO S&W makes the finest revolvers around. Their j-frames are the gold standard for snubbies. Most people seem to prefer a hammerless model for ccw. I have 442 that I enjoy alot. I have also handled some of the Scandium framed .357 snubs and with full power loads, they are "uncomfortable" to shoot at best.

Apparantly, most owners agree and CARRY them with .38 ammo. I would suggest you try something like a 360 with .357 before spending the money. Also, it is hard enough to use the sights on a 2" barrel. That is why they just came out with the 2.5" models.

If you buy it, I don't think you'll regret it. However, I think you'll be just as happy with another less expensive model and more ammo.
Old April 17, 2010, 10:30 AM   #4
ajgranda

SW 386 Night Guard

Thanks, I'm actually reconsidering an 8rd cylinder for carry and the 2" barrel. I'm also not to sure about the comfort with those wood grips. I'm now looking at the S&W Model 386 Night Guard as a better carry gun and less $$. Opinions?
Thanks

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...02&isFirearm=Y
Old April 18, 2010, 03:02 AM   #5
Elvishead

Quote:
Thanks, I'm actually reconsidering an 8rd cylinder for carry and the 2" barrel. I'm also not to sure about the comfort with those wood grips. I'm now looking at the S&W Model 386 Night Guard as a better carry gun and less $$. Opinions?
Thanks
I have a set of those grip, I don't like them, I ended up with Hogues.

In think the night Guard would be a little better carry gun.

PS: I have the 327 R8 M&P, and it's one of my favorites, but I don't carry it. I carry a S&W J-frame Airweight and love it.