The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 18, 2010, 08:50 PM   #1
craig2724

Remington Peerless

I am trying to find out some information concerning the quality of a Remington Peerless 12 gauge O/U. A friend of mine has one for sale for $850. I haven't actually seen it yet but he says it has 30" barrel with 2 full choke tubes and a hard case.

I haven't heard much about this gun. Actually I was looking for a gun to get started in trap shooting. It is a little more than I wanted to spend considering I have never shot trap and may not stick with it.

On the other hand I would like to get a quality gun. Then I can only blame myself for the poor shooting.
Old March 19, 2010, 01:53 AM   #2
olddrum1

I have seen two of these in SC's situations. Both had problems with resetting the second trigger.
Old March 19, 2010, 02:13 PM   #3
NoSecondBest

The price is too high and the gun wasn't very good. I'd pass on it if I were you. You can buy a good used Beretta 390 or 391 for that price and you'll have a lot better gun. You could also get a good used Benelli for that money.
Old March 19, 2010, 03:03 PM   #4
zippy13

Obviously, if you can get a great deal on a used popular gun, and you don't like it, you can probably get you money out of it in a resale. However, IMHO, this is not the case with the Peerless you described.