The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old March 5, 2010, 11:20 AM   #1
UpandAtIt

WOW free grips Can this be true?

Ran into this, this morning looking for High Standard Grips. I have not tried this yet, seem like a good deal if for real. They borrow your obsolete grips so they can make a copy and you get your choice of any product they carry.

Let me know if this works for you.

http://vintagegungrips.net/wantfreegrips.html

From their site

PLEASE NOTE: THE PRODUCTS WE OFFER ARE REPRODUCTIONS FROM ORIGINALS.

The original checkering patterns are faithfully preserved, as are the intricacies of borders, logos, and decorations. We're always on the lookout for additional grips to add to our collection, or you may have an original that is more pristine than ours. If you have something that you think we might be interested in copying, please contact us with what you have to offer. If you would consider loaning us your original, we will copy and return it to you in exchange for providing free grips of your choice. We continue to strive to provide the best product and service possible, and appreciate your interest and support.

If you are interested in providing your grips in exchange for grips or items of your choice, you may contact us either by phone @ 407-331-1324, or simply send us an email with what you feel may be of interest to us @ [email protected]
Old March 5, 2010, 11:28 AM   #2
rattletrap1970

Interesting proposal. I may just send something. Just in case I never see mine again, I will take all the dimensions so I can make my own.
Old March 5, 2010, 11:31 AM   #3
ZeSpectre

Actually that kinda makes sense. You provide them with the means of adding to their array of available grips and in return they give you a set of grips.

Of course eventually it'll fade as they run out of new styles that they need and I imagine they wouldn't accept damaged grips, but still a neat business idea.
Old March 5, 2010, 10:06 PM   #4
UpandAtIt

I sent him my older plastic thumbrest High Standard grips as they do not have a notch for the right side, in return he allowed me to chose a nice pair of grips for my .45. We will see when I get them how they are and how fast the turn around is for my high standards I sent him.