The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old February 23, 2010, 08:48 AM   #1
tolesy

"Nutnfancy"

I was just curious to see how many TFL members have seen any of "nutnfancy's'' videos on youtube. He has tabletop and range reviews of firearms, tactical gear, etc. He also has a fair amount of tactical training videos.

The guy has a ton of info on his youtune channel. I find him to be a good source of info to use prior to a gun purchase. Even if you don't agree with him (I do not agree that often with him) he still does a thorough job of reviewing guns.

Let me know what you think of him.
Old February 23, 2010, 08:56 AM   #2
stargazer65

I've watched several of his videos. As always, I'll draw my own conclusions, but I thought the videos were well made and informative.
Old February 23, 2010, 08:56 AM   #3
Skans

Hunh?
Old February 23, 2010, 09:01 AM   #4
SPUSCG

I like his older style more. he'd point out features, price range, feel, etc in a nice 10 minute vid. No he has 45 minute vids of him running around in the desert.

I disagree with him on firepower and weight. Weight, while important, is not as important as he makes it seem. Hes like "gun x beats gun y because its 2 ounces lighter (and with .40 and .45 i want weight, sorry.) He also thinks firepower=how many bullets. He said an fn 5-7 has more firepower than glock even though your basically comparing 22mag and 9mm. Ill watch vids on gns im interested in to get a good look at features though, just take what he says with a grain of salt.

Have you looked at Rugersix's videos, he has some cool ones, even has older classic guns.
Old February 23, 2010, 09:10 AM   #5
woody wood

ya, i have checked out some of his reviews- i like the detail and make my own choice on what to think.no one else does such detail in their reviews that i know of.if any one else knows of someone on the web -please list.
Old February 23, 2010, 10:36 AM   #6
teeroux

He seems a bit of a koolaid drinker but I do enjoy his vids.
Old February 23, 2010, 11:36 AM   #7
Nickanto

I like his reviews. Him and his fat friends running around the desert, not so much. One of his newer vids the guy filming is yelling "high stress high stress" to the shooter. I just found that absolutely hilarious.
Old February 23, 2010, 11:40 AM   #8
tolesy

I agree, I do not understand the need for that tactical training if they are not LEO or military???

His table top reviews are my favorite.
Old February 23, 2010, 12:04 PM   #9
pleaforwar

I have watched a few of his reviews. I don't always agree with him but I appreciate he goes through the time to provide his opinion on the subjects.
Luke 2:14
Old February 23, 2010, 12:22 PM   #10
TheBigO

I think the videos are funny as well. I wish I had the time and the money to run around like a Bear Grylls but with tactical equipment and guns telling everyone how to "survive". I would also agree that if you are watching it he loves his Glock 17. Pretty much if he was dropped off in the middle of the Mountains in Afghanistan naked and with his G17 he would be able to fight off all the BG's and the cold. He also LOVES grip tape, holy poop, if he could cover every thing he has with that stuff he would die a happy man! lol
Old February 23, 2010, 12:32 PM   #11
rckound

Definitely a lot of good info, no doubt about that. Nut job sometimes? Maybe, but then again, aren't we all sometimes?
Old February 23, 2010, 12:56 PM   #12
espnazi

Quote:
I agree, I do not understand the need for that tactical training if they are not LEO or military???
I believe he is a part time LEO and full time Military.

I've watched most of his vids but definitely don't take his word as truth although he does have some good points.
Old February 23, 2010, 01:12 PM   #13
CK_32

He has some good points.. And in other videos it seems like its gone to his head just a little bit..
Old February 23, 2010, 02:07 PM   #14
tolesy

That would be logical. I have never seen him comment on the fact though.
Old February 23, 2010, 03:46 PM   #15
espnazi

In the beginning of the video he starts talking a little about his background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWZXe6Eb43c
Old February 23, 2010, 06:28 PM   #16
SPUSCG

The funny thing is I dont think he owns a glock 17. He always says "heres a glock 17 on loan from a friend."

If its the ultimate handgun, why doesn't he buy one?
Old February 23, 2010, 06:55 PM   #17
GunsAreGood

I watch his videos from time to time. I find them helpful but you have to draw your own conclusion from his videos. It is funny watching him run around in the desert doing all his training drills. In all honesty it can only make you a better shooter.

If guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns
Old February 23, 2010, 07:55 PM   #18
theammowaster

I really like nutnfancy. His vids are entertaining and informative. Some people are hard on him but I don't think they should because he doesn't try to impose his views on anyone and they seem to have a lot of fun shooting. He knows more than I do about that stuff so I count it as good advice.
KEEP EM COMMIN NUTN!!!
Old February 23, 2010, 08:04 PM   #19
LukeA

brilliant satires
Old February 23, 2010, 10:37 PM   #20
SPUSCG

I like ruger six's vids more, but he makes less, he even went like 6 months without one. But his vids are cool, he even has old classics, like the savage 1907.
Old February 23, 2010, 10:42 PM   #21
memphisjim79

well they are ok especially when he actually knows which model gun he is reviewing check out the "s&w 360 review" hes actually holding a 340
and unfamilar that the atom on side is the titanium one and the list goes on
wow first post and i slam someone
Old February 23, 2010, 10:47 PM   #22
freakshow10mm

Bumped into him (literally) at SHOT show last month. Nice guy, humble, friendly.
Old February 23, 2010, 11:02 PM   #23
croc4

+1

Guess I'm a fan, I like to watch him sundays while I'm BBQ'ing dinner, there have been a few things that made me look cock eyed , but for the most part I think he's going in the right direction. Wish I had the time and the locals to shoot that he does. bottom line we need more people that think like him, then maybe we would have less screwed up gun laws......maybe

The down side, I have more knives and flashlights and first aide stuff that I did before ;-/

croc4
Old February 25, 2010, 12:01 AM   #24
wingspar

Quote:
Originally Posted by espnazi
You beat me to posting the video. He is an F-15 pilot along with his LEO duties. I don’t know where he finds the time to do the videos.

I enjoy Nutnfancy’s videos, tho sometimes they are kind of long winded, but very informative. He has introduced me to Fenix flashlights, causing me to buy two. He also introduced me to Spyderco knives, causing me to buy one so far, actually just got that yesterday. I was glued to most of his SHOT videos. I only subscribe to two YouTubers. Nutnfancy and Hickok45.
Old February 25, 2010, 01:26 AM   #25
Carryabigstick

I like Nutnfancy's stuff, even though he take twice as long to make points as is required, He does make good points.

Also, I watched a few of Rugersixs videos and he is pretty cool, but he does not give a very in depth coverage of points.

Maybe combine the two styles and we could have something special.