The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old January 10, 2010, 09:34 AM   #1
IHTFP

T/C Woods I would lke to convert to 209 primers

Hi,

I have a T/C Woods I would like to convert to 209 primers. T/C makes a nipple conversion and it says it must be used with the correct striker. I can't find the correct striker for the Woods:

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...tnumber=686477

Would one of these kits fit the Woods Rifle:

http://www.martyssportinggoods.com/c...wk-p-4564.html

Thanks
Old January 10, 2010, 11:05 AM   #2
Pahoo

From what I'm indicating, there should be no problems with your existing striker/striker spring. if in fact, you do run into a problems, it looks like you might have to buy a BlackDiamond striker and spring but I really do not think so. You would have a potential problems if you were converting other in-lines of this type, like the Thunderhawk. Go to the TC site and read it for yourself. I have owned most of these and did these conversion. If you still have a question, contact the Tech. department at TC and see what they say. I feel fairly confident you are going to be okay.
Do us all a favor and come back and tell us how you made out. ....

http://www.tcarms.com/assets/manuals...der_Manual.pdf

Be Safe !!!
Old January 10, 2010, 02:34 PM   #3
IHTFP

Thanks for the info. I will give the adapter a try with the striker that comes with the gun.
Old January 10, 2010, 03:49 PM   #4
Delmar

I talked to a guy on another forum who converted his percussion revolver to fire small pistol primers. He changed the shape of his existing hammer by giving it what he called a "splash from a TIG" and then filing flat again. Here a the photo before he filed it.

Old January 10, 2010, 04:35 PM   #5
Pahoo

IHTFP
Just had a brain cramp and I'd like you to take a good look at the face of your existing "Striker". Borrowing a word from one of my Alabama hunting buddies, do you see a little teat in the center. That is for striking a 209 primer and if it's there, the proper spring should be present as well. If it's not, then a change might be in order. Might also add that this 209 adapter has a weakness as with extended use, it will break at the base of the holder. Yours will probably also accept the musket primer.

Be Safe !!!