The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old July 1, 2011, 10:30 AM   #101
whitster

Belt clip for TCP

Is anyone aware of an IWB belt clip for a TCP? Yeah I know there are IWB holsters out there but I want a belt CLIP, like the below one on a P32
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCI0052.jpg (134.3 KB, 38 views)
Old July 1, 2011, 03:34 PM   #102
Deaf Smith

whitster,

Blazer aluminium cases tend to give misfires in some pistols. I've seen it before.

That is why I use Blaser brass cases.

And my TCP runs perfect. No it ain't my primary CCW gun but as a backup it is real hard to beat.

Deaf
Old September 13, 2011, 08:59 PM   #103
LadyKellie

Taurus .380 TCP

A lot of people on this forum posted that they really weren't sure about getting this gun or didn't know if it was worth the money. I am a woman and I have had my little Taurus for a little over a year. My husband bought it for me to keep it with me in case something was to happen. At the time I was working in a gas station in the middle of nowhere and there were a lot of druggies around, so I went to the local firearms shop and looked at a few guns that would be good for concealed carry. I had picked up the kel-tec and something else before I picked up the taurus. Well, I fell in love with the way it fit my had and the way it felt. At that point in time the only gun I had ever shot was my husband's tokarev and I loved the way that one felt in my hands. Well, that day, I went home and looked up the owners manual and read it on line. I had never owned a gun and I particularly liked the this one. He surprised me with it a few days later. I went out a shot 50 rounds with it and fell in love with it from the first time I shot it. It was smooth, reliable, and very well built, and fit in my pocket extremely well.It is a great little compact gun. It is worth every penny and we are currently looking for a Taurus 709 slim, another gun that I want. I haven't picked it up or looked at it, but I have been to the sight and the reviews are great, so when I get one, I will let you know how it is. I hope this helps anyone that has been questioning this purchase. I would recommend it to all levels of shooting expertise.
Old September 13, 2011, 10:02 PM   #104
PPKman

TCP

I initially liked mine very much and certainly found it to be unusually accurate for a small pistol. However after about 200 rounds or so it began to have a number of problems, the most serious of which were chronic issues with slide jamming for reasons that a couple of trips to Taurus didn't clear up. I am now getting rid of it for these reasons. I have four other Taurus pistols (Mil Pros) that I have been very happy with (over a thousand rounds), so the experience with other Taurus guns has been good, but I wonder about the durability and longer reliability of the TCP which I would agree was early on a very good gun.
Old October 6, 2011, 09:08 PM   #105
jtoro

Taurus TCP .380 PT better than expected!

Before I purchased the Taurus .380 last monday 10/3/2011 I looked on several websites, I was between the Ruger .380 and the Taurus. after look many reviews and some videos I went for the Taurus. I'm surprised how small and concelled is this gun.

Today 10/6/2011 I went to the indoor shooting range, I bring my S&W Sigma 40 also. Shoot in four different distances: 14, 21, 31 and 50. Let me tell you I'm fully impressed with this little fella. I was thinking at the distance on 50 was going to be impossible to hit but was fantastic and hit it good everytime, my sigma 40 did the job also but not as accurate and good as this small gun.

The Taurus did not jammed as some reviews I read, shot 50 shells and was excellent, for my surprise trying to hit the target at the distance of 14 was more difficult than in the long distance.

Remeber is the first time I shot a small gun.

I carry the gun on my back pocket as a wallet and I even forgot is there, great gun, excellent concealed fully recommended. I paid U$ 269 + taxes.

Hope this help.
Old October 6, 2011, 09:16 PM   #106
Deaf Smith

If you jog in parks buy TWO TCP's and ....

http://www.thunderwear.com/holsters.asp

Yes wear 'thunderwear'!

And I am not kidding. A brace of TCPs below jogging pants. No reloads just two pistols.

Deaf
Old March 11, 2013, 10:48 AM   #107
AirForce2

Taurus TCP Update

The tauus TCP is still my primary carry weapon and Buffalo Bore is my carry ammo. I only shoot it a few times a year (just don't have time to shoot as much anymore). I feel comfy carrying it and still feel it's a good gun for the price. I saw blued ones at sportmans just last week for $199. I encourage new shooters or potential concealed carry folks to think about a few things for carry. A friend at work didn't take my advice and bought an springfield xdm .40 and now he's shopping for another carry gun due to the weight for carry.

-what gun is light enough that will not make me leave the gun in the car, leave it at home, annoy me, rip a hole thru my pocket, allow all attire, good for all seasons. In short "I can & will carry all the time"

-can I carry a 10 oz gun and shoot it well enough to be confident and accurate with slight trade off of full length grip, little more recoil but always be armed or will I carry the 20+ oz gun and then determine it's too heavy and makes my pants fall off, hurts my side, back, stomach, doesn't stay concealed, shifts my jacket to one side, or leave in the car to be stolen, to heavy for my purse, takes up to much room. Your carry gun should not take lots of planning or seen as an annoyance or task. Many can carry the larger heavier pistols concealed but everyone has different tastes, attire, and thoughts, just make sure your choice is "reliable and a tool you always will carry".